Nicest new Half ton?

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you were in the market for a new half ton what would you be getting and why?

i'd take a serious look at that new dodge with the diesel then the new dodge with the gas and 8 speed tranny ( still waiting to see if 8 speed will hold up) why? I love diesels would love to see what a 3.0 litre diesel in a half tone would do but if the price is way out there... can't go wrong with an f150. I just drove from Chilliwack to Edson with family and luggage on one tank of gas i pushed her to about 120 litres used but i was very happy with the mileage... at 115-120 i averaged 12 to 13/l per 100 this is up there with my 02 cummins 6 speed but a lot quiter and more comfortable. I love the Ford's cab room if you need it

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
you mean the beat the chit out of it causing the chitty mileage.....yes and no, 90% of my driving is highway, I am a 115-120km/hr guy, not in much of a rush and I get about 500km maybe 550 to a 100l tank on the highway (20ishL/100km):thumbsdownm:. as a work truck, yes it has been ridden hard.
I'm sure the later comment has much to do with your first comment.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does it come factory super charged? Im probably going to super charge the Hemi. So far I love it. It Halls Ass & Drinks Gas...lol

I think they put it on at the dealer but it's covered under warrantee. Have seen a couple and they sounded mean and didn't stay in sight for long.

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you mean the beat the chit out of it causing the chitty mileage.....yes and no, 90% of my driving is highway, I am a 115-120km/hr guy, not in much of a rush and I get about 500km maybe 550 to a 100l tank on the highway (20ishL/100km):thumbsdownm:. as a work truck, yes it has been ridden hard.

Wow....didn't know they were that bad! guess my 500ish kms to half tank (120L) is doin good then...lol

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's 2 modes. Traction control and advance trac. You can turn that **** off 100%. Press and hold the button for about 8 sec and it will say that advance trac is off. Then it's spin tires city lol.

Yeah I figured that out the other night. Much better now lol

Sent from a iPhone

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I figured that out the other night. Much better now lol

Sent from a iPhone

Yeah but the gyro sensor that controls the stability control will still shut stuff down it stuff gets too hairy, if you are off camber in a ditch etc. Until I found that 8 sec button push I was furious but then figured out that it just majorly relaxes the stability control but it is still active.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah its a OEM part covered by the factory warrenty. A friend had one installed after owning it for far less in the US and he still gets full warranty in canada. It is so freaking fast its hard to believe they dont derate the towing capacity or limit the warranty you can still get an extended warranty for 8 years or 200 000km. The traction control doesnt lay off until 130km and then its even more impressive how hard it pulls.

What did he pay for it out of the state's??

van isle

Reaction score
I believe it was close to 6000 installed where as here in Canada its like 8500.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lilduke... could you please remove your avatar... she is so damb hot i really don't read anything you write! Even the wife says she's hot! lol now could someone explain to me how to get an avatar?
Nope Never. I don't even know what i'm typing. I just punch in B#ll Sh#t to spend time with her...lol

Zipp

Reaction score
Dodge: junk
GMC: junk
Ford: Junky, but look ok
There is nothing less, buy a foreign truck: Toyota, Nissan

Last edited:

dale+shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO, the Ram with the new V6 and 8spd tranny would be good for daily driving and pulling smaller loads. Heavier loads, the F150 ecoboost is awesome. Get extended warranties for both.

Top Bottom