Nicest new Half ton?

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I just went and picked this up today. Blacked out Ram Hemi Sport, full load. This thing is gangster. Raptors are nice,, don't really want to jump a 70,000$ truck anyway. GMC Denali's are nice too we a got a couple of those already tho. Thanks for the input:beer:http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh294/danthaman_bucket/0730131702-00_zps6c12fb9a.jpghttp://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh294/danthaman_bucket/0730131701-00_zps94c668a1.jpg

Nice truck! photos taken with a potato definitely dont do it justice.

Love my Raptor and it tows the trailer like it's not even there. Best truck I've ever owned and I've owned every brand.

Sent from my S4

Glad you like it, that suspension is not made for towing though... get some full travel airbags so the truck sits flat :)

Titan......that is all

Yup loved my '04 when i had it, until they get a considerable refresh i wont be getting one.

The Tundra will be getting a mild refesh new interior and sheet metal its do out at the end of August but no powertrain changes. The Titan will be all new next year including a 4 cly Cummins Diesel.

heard about the nissan one (they've been saying that for years though) but the tundra one is new, they should do something to fix the gas guzzling tendencies though...

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
only complaint with the titan is mileage. terrible on gas. but I love the power, love the ride, and love that you can beat the ever loving chit right out of it and it just keeps on ticking. other than one major repair that was my fault she has never let me down and I have put very little into repairs.

now hearing mention of one with a cummins diesel in it just peaks my interest even more.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love my Raptor and it tows the trailer like it's not even there. Best truck I've ever owned and I've owned every brand.

Sent from my S4

That trailer cant be that heavy, sure hope you have something heavy in thebox.....that suspension is over taxed, needs an equalizer and some air bags minimum, it will take the bounce out of it and give you back some steering control.

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its fine steers great just has more travel than normal looks worse than it is don't need airbags

Sent from my S4

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just laid eyes on the new Chevy half tons, and I dunno, they look like crap to me. Looked like a Transformer with some sort of birth defect. The interior seemed nice.

None of them really do it for me. Ford has nice interiors mind you....I dunno, maybe in a few years.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would by another Tundra. we have one and no issues and the wife's camry runs great and is 10 years old. Saying that the new ford's have issues with the eco-boost engines but the 5 lilter apparently works good that's my opinion .QUOTE=lilduke;1753515]If you were in the market for a new half ton what would you be getting and why?[/QUOTE]

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on what you're using your truck for... Occasionally pulling, small loads when you are, mostly point A to B I'd go with the dodge. If you find you'll be doing more pulling then most then I'd go with the F150. Bad thing about dodge is their low payload, unless you get the unproven air ride suspension. Thing I hate about the fords is it feels like I'm driving a box, the dodge is so much better handling. My old 2010 dodge half ton only had 1450 lbs payload, I couldn''t even put a sled in the box when towing a small two place sled trailer. I'm in a chev 3/4 ton now.

No comment on the new Chev's, nothing really sparks me to them... Seems like they just caught up closer to ford/dodge...

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the one I got. 2013 FX4 with the FX appearance pkg. it's also an Eco boost. Only had it 2 weeks now, but no complaints yet.

Very nice I just got the exact same one except 6.2 and shortbox. Only thing that sucks is the gay traction control kicks back in after 30kmh.

Sent from a iPhone

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on what you're using your truck for... Occasionally pulling, small loads when you are, mostly point A to B I'd go with the dodge. If you find you'll be doing more pulling then most then I'd go with the F150. Bad thing about dodge is their low payload, unless you get the unproven air ride suspension. Thing I hate about the fords is it feels like I'm driving a box, the dodge is so much better handling. My old 2010 dodge half ton only had 1450 lbs payload, I couldn''t even put a sled in the box when towing a small two place sled trailer. I'm in a chev 3/4 ton now.

No comment on the new Chev's, nothing really sparks me to them... Seems like they just caught up closer to ford/dodge...
Yeah its going to be used as a street ride. Wont be towing with it much.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tundra limitied crew max with the TRD supercharger. 515hp 500ftlbs nuff said
Does it come factory super charged? Im probably going to super charge the Hemi. So far I love it. It Halls Ass & Drinks Gas...lol

van isle

Reaction score
only complaint with the titan is mileage. terrible on gas. but I love the power, and love that you can beat the ever loving chit right out of it and it just keeps on ticking.

I'm sure the later comment has much to do with your first comment.

van isle

Reaction score
Does it come factory super charged? Im probably going to super charge the Hemi. So far I love it. It Halls Ass & Drinks Gas...lol

Yeah its a OEM part covered by the factory warrenty. A friend had one installed after owning it for far less in the US and he still gets full warranty in canada. It is so freaking fast its hard to believe they dont derate the towing capacity or limit the warranty you can still get an extended warranty for 8 years or 200 000km. The traction control doesnt lay off until 130km and then its even more impressive how hard it pulls.

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why is everyone so keen on a 1/2 ton diesel? Now you have all the hassle of a 1 ton diesel, minus the towing capacity. Picture, freezing your ass off in the winter with 1 sled on the back because it's STILL a half ton...Just my .2c

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah its a OEM part covered by the factory warrenty. A friend had one installed after owning it for far less in the US and he still gets full warranty in canada. It is so freaking fast its hard to believe they dont derate the towing capacity or limit the warranty you can still get an extended warranty for 8 years or 200 000km. The traction control doesnt lay off until 130km and then its even more impressive how hard it pulls.
So its basically a factory approved add on then. That's cool. I really like the Tacoma I've never really looked close at Toyota's fullsize's tho.:beer:

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Since its a street ride go for the dodge for sure! Test drive all 3 and you'll see yourself. Stay away from the diesel then. The hemi has loads of power and actually still gets pretty decent mileage, I had decent on mine. When towing it sucked the fuel, IMO the Ford 5L was a better towing truck.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Since its a street ride go for the dodge for sure! Test drive all 3 and you'll see yourself. Stay away from the diesel then. The hemi has loads of power and actually still gets pretty decent mileage, I had decent on mine. When towing it sucked the fuel, IMO the Ford 5L was a better towing truck.
Too Late I got the dodge...lol Family has a company and have more than 10 late model GMC trucks so I know what they are about. I like the Ford Raptor but im not crazy about the regular F-150's... They just don't appeal to me.

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
Very nice I just got the exact same one except 6.2 and shortbox. Only thing that sucks is the gay traction control kicks back in after 30kmh.

Sent from a iPhone

There's 2 modes. Traction control and advance trac. You can turn that **** off 100%. Press and hold the button for about 8 sec and it will say that advance trac is off. Then it's spin tires city lol.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some models don't come with the advance Trac. My 2011 dually doesn't have it. Major pita.

Top Bottom