Newbies from Red Deer

oOoBarbieoOo

Reaction score
Hey, My bf and I are from Red Deer. We're both newbies. My bf rides a 2009 polaris assault 800 and i have an 2004 arctic cat F7. We've mostly sled around the red deer area on the rivers and lakes.....so we're looking for nice beginner trails out by rocky. We would also like to meet other people to go sledding with since none of our friends have toys. :)

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to S&M "luv saying that haha" .....anyways, yes great board here and tons of fellow enthusiasts as well. :D

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, we can see who the smarter one is, lol. You'll have to convert him to Cats. ha ha :d

Welcome, to the site, Sleds are the best toys for winter

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
come to the mtns and your life will change forever ...

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, My bf and I are from Red Deer. We're both newbies. My bf rides a 2009 polaris assault 800 and i have an 2004 arctic cat F7. We've mostly sled around the red deer area on the rivers and lakes.....so we're looking for nice beginner trails out by rocky. We would also like to meet other people to go sledding with since none of our friends have toys. :)

U guys going to the poker rally on Sunday by eckville ??

from my HTC

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to S&M.... out of 5 posts (six if you want to count mine!) you have received only one post (tex78) that has anything to do with the original question.. kinda how most folks on here roll, if you choose to stick around you will have to get used to it!!! lol

If I do ride out that way, I go west/south/west of Rocky to the forestry trunk road and then west to the Hummingbird staging area/Ram falls. You will be able to find/follow the trails from there.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah there is a poker rally on sunday out by benalto. probably the best idea so far, trails west of rocky looked rideable but not alot of snow. bring a saw, snowbunji for the stucks or some sort of extraction system. you could ride around the lakes but that gets real old, real fast. watch the red deer suds buds site, usually there is a flury of activity when we find rideable snow. also saw another poker rally in febuary(i have no details, tail creek i think)

oOoBarbieoOo

Reaction score
we went out today out by rocky....not a whole lot of snow. I think we're going to check out the rally tomorrow....we've never been to one. Do a lot of people go to them?

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went for a rip west of Rimbey out to an old trapper cabin on Saturday. Not a lot of snow, enough to ride, but you still have to be careful. Buddy bent the crap out of a trailing arm on his sled.

South-East of town there's OK snow, out Delburne way.

Top Bottom