Newbie question about ram falls area

tbosch

Reaction score
Hi everybody. I'm new to the board and love the site. Lots of awesome info i've been seeing so far. I'm from the red deer area. My question is about may long weekend closures around the ram river hummingbird falls area. I have camped from caroline to nordegg on the trunk road but haven't rode out there for about 5 years. I dont want to disappoint the inlaws by taking them to a spot with atv closures(i'll be in the bad books for months :nono:) for the long weekend. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I should mention the nordegg CO office sent me a map of the kuska wilson (spelling?) atv areas but it doesnt seem to mention closures for may long weekend

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last year trail to onion lake was closed till July 1st. We talked to rangers at humming bird very strick area. Great trail when it opened. There was a quad club working on the trail last year.From Rocky or Nordegg I think. Maps are on line pdf files and can be printed.

tbosch

Reaction score
I'm planning to ride more on the east side of ram falls to the south and north of the trunk road. I'm hoping to get in to ranger creek and up towards lost guide lake. Any closures in this area that anyone knows of?

Rubicon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome tbosch, try this link, its all in pdf form, should help ya out I'm hopin.... you the same tbosch on the AO forum??

tbosch

Reaction score
Welcome tbosch, try this link, its all in pdf form, should help ya out I'm hopin.... you the same tbosch on the AO forum??

Hey thanks rubicon. That does help. I actually talked to the nordegg CO office just to make sure there were no unmarked closures and they said I was good to go. Thanks for the link. And yes I am tbosch on AO as well. I'm not too original with the name creation...:)

tbosch

Reaction score

Hey Rub,

Thanks for the link. I tried to reply to this earlier but my newbieism denied me...haha. Thats some excellent info. I actually talked to Nordegg CO's yesterday and got some clarification regarding areas. It looks like i'm good to go. And yeah i'm the same tbosch from AO...i'm real original with the usernames hey?? :) Nice to see another AOer that isn't anti. Keep er out of the spawning beds.

Rubicon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No problemo my friend, she's some beeeeeauty country up there, hope ya have a great trip. Has there been any changes, as per the the latest info they post on their srd website?? Just curious is all. Used to ride that country alot, before it was all closed up, man... the scenery one could see....

Yep tbosch.... OL' Duffy4's ticker would stop if he logged on here, but folks on this site, are probably one of the reasons we can still quad/sled etc. Lots of info on trail clean ups, maps, atv clubs, and great people with knowledge about anything that goes.:cool:

ps.name is hayseed on AO:d

tbosch

Reaction score
No problemo my friend, she's some beeeeeauty country up there, hope ya have a great trip. Has there been any changes, as per the the latest info they post on their srd website?? Just curious is all. Used to ride that country alot, before it was all closed up, man... the scenery one could see....

Yep tbosch.... OL' Duffy4's ticker would stop if he logged on here, but folks on this site, are probably one of the reasons we can still quad/sled etc. Lots of info on trail clean ups, maps, atv clubs, and great people with knowledge about anything that goes.:cool:

ps.name is hayseed on AO:d

It is awesome out there for sure. Nothing has changed as far as closures out there. The areas I was checking out were east of ram falls around ranger creek and north up the ram river valley. The CO said it was wide open in there.

I'd want to have a webcam set up when duffy logged on here just to see his face...hahaha. This is an excellent site, i'm glad I came across it. Thanks for the info again.

Tight Lines

Top Bottom