Newbie areas?

mikey1

Reaction score
I am relatively new to sledding(been to the mountains a few times) and am looking for a good place to take the girlfriend. This will be her first year on a sled. I want to find a place that I will have some fun but most importantly she will have fun. She doesn't want to go somewhere where she will spend most of the day stuck. Where is the best place to take her out?
Thanks,Mike

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quartz creek is a good beginner area. Usually a safer bet to go a bit later on in the year when there is a good base. That way there is a better chance she will get stuck less.

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
blue lake in sicamous is a great newbie spot super scenic nice practice hill in front of the chalet she'll love it stay at eagle valley lodge they built some new suites that will accommodate you nicely

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we have the international Take a Newbie Shredding day again this season!! Feb 15th! Plus throughout the year we have oodles of ladies rides, all geared so everyone feels safe and comfortable. Here is the Link to the Newbie ride!!
Message me if you would like any more information!! Awesome of you to take her out!

https://www.facebook.com/events/468528056594167/

hcr ditch banger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My family an I have been doing mountain trips for a few years now I find it more enjoyable with a guide. a guide will get you an your girlfriend to good riding areas an are very helpful with new riders . snow farmers are good spin drift in McBride can hook you up with good guides . I think me an my step daughter are going to try out ckmp this year. I think it would be a good decision to get a guide . is a guaranteed good time no matter what the day brings an getting stuck we all do that lol. good luck

d8grandpa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what traveling distance you are looking to go, but rolling hills at Fernie is ideal for new riders. Great beginner terrain and new cabin right beside where you ride. Trail to area is easy also, and groomed nice. Have fun.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Not sure what traveling distance you are looking to go, but rolling hills at Fernie is ideal for new riders. Great beginner terrain and new cabin right beside where you ride. Trail to area is easy also, and groomed nice. Have fun.

I love this information. Besides the above, contact Weir Boondocking | Snowmobile Clinics a vendor on this site, for some beginner/advanced lessons and or guiding and it will be golden. A great place to take your lady for her first trip to the mountains as it is usually warmer. It is an International Ski destination and the amenities or after sledding things to doo are great! The Park Place Lodge is ideal with a great little pub, excellent dining, and great ambience.

Last edited:

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am relatively new to sledding(been to the mountains a few times) and am looking for a good place to take the girlfriend. This will be her first year on a sled. I want to find a place that I will have some fun but most importantly she will have fun. She doesn't want to go somewhere where she will spend most of the day stuck. Where is the best place to take her out?
Thanks,Mike

Since you're From Fort Mac., Lucille in McBride is a good option for day one. Couple of us took my buddies girlfriend there last year. First time on a sled for her & she thought it was fantastic. Bud and his girlfriend only went a little past the cabin and trails on the way up are really easy. The rest of us played in the trees and switchbacks on the way up & then went further past cabin.

Renshaw is also a good option is you think she won't mind a longer trail in & if she's a bit more adventurous.

Watch the weather closely - Introducing her to the mountains on really cold day or during zero visibility might be the end of her sledding (depending on her personality).

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
VOODOO pretty much to the words right out of my mouth ... the only thing i will add about renshaw is the trail in can get pretty ruff .... took my gf there two years ago for her first ride in the mtns and she loved it ... lucille i think is the best place to take her to get her hooked the trail in is only 14 km i believe and renshaw is 32km if i remember correct

mikey1

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. Great info here. Momma- are you going to be at the Edmonton sled show?

Korey

Reaction score
My first time ever in the mOuntains was at clemina I think it's a pretty good place for beginners

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. Great info here. Momma- are you going to be at the Edmonton sled show?

Yup You betchya!!!! I'll be in the Parkland Motorsports Booth with Chrisco and his beautiful wife!! I'll be representing Braaap films!! Then of course I'll be at the Betties Booth which is in the T and T powersports booth!! See you at the show!!

Top Bottom