New server!! We are live on line

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
We are on a Brand new server with a new web host. It may take a bit of time for all the pointers to properly point to the server. The best thing you can do if you have a PC is to hit Ctrl+F5 at the same time. That will refresh your DNS cache.

Now we shouldn't have any seroius downtime anymore this host has a monitoring system that monitors everything. If im off sledding they know, I don't have to get phone calls, text messages, and messages to the hotel where im staying. Right Lexy? When something goes wrong there on it before I even know most of the time.

This host is an independent host, not a reseller like 95% of them. They are very successfull out of Lansing, Michigan

Here is a video of there operation its impressive,

I hope to have great success with them. And thank you members for logging in to this site each and every day. And the wives or husbands that have to put up with there loved one on the computer all the time. The best thing is to join in on the conversation.

Thanks again,
Ron, Curtis and the moderation team
Snowandmud.com

• Admin

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Usually by 8 hrs, your cache will resolve to the new server. I cleared mine already. All I know its much faster. When I ping it 53 ms comes in. Retodd, what do you think?
The old server is redirected to this one for the day. The ad's wont be up till the server resolves the DNS issues. Too much computer talk. In laymens terms its all the pointers all over the internet world that point snowandmud.com to the server IP. They take time to update. Some will try to go to the old server then they are redirected back to this one. Your personal computer has a cache, it keeps track of this as well to help speed things up. You clear the cache and it will go to the internet to find the address.

Hope I answered your questions, and they made some sense. Working on 2 hrs sleep. :)

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
Usually by 8 hrs, your cache will resolve to the new server. I cleared mine already. All I know its much faster. When I ping it 53 ms comes in. Retodd, what do you think?
The old server is redirected to this one for the day. The ad's wont be up till the server resolves the DNS issues. Too much computer talk. In laymens terms its all the pointers all over the internet world that point snowandmud.com to the server IP. They take time to update. Some will try to go to the old server then they are redirected back to this one. Your personal computer has a cache, it keeps track of this as well to help speed things up. You clear the cache and it will go to the internet to find the address.

Hope I answered your questions, and they made some sense. Working on 2 hrs sleep. :)

On a conference call...let me verify the new IP got propagated across North America...can take up to 24 hrs.

The TELUS DNS servers have the new IP.

www.snowandmud.com canonical name = snowandmud.com.
Name: snowandmud.com
Address: 50.28.8.56

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
Let me know if you still want me to call you, DNS is not the issue...I can resolve and trace from any of our NAPs and any outside the TELUS network also.

2011-01-05 10-00-00 AM.jpg

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
No issue Todd. We finished the transfer at 4:28 am MTN, and did the DNS transfer. This takes time to resolve everywhere. Once all resolved on every pointer it should be all good. I just had some issues with the add software so I will reinstall that tonight.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its so damn fast here now that I havent even started working for the day yet, trying to catch up on all the threads I missed cause it was too slow before.:d Thanks again Ron!!

Top Bottom