New rider looking for someone local to take him out and show him the ropes

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every year I go to the mountains I take new people to the hill I enjoy doing it I have about 20 rider hook and having a blast .We are heading to Mcbride this Friday and again I have 4 newbies coming and the age of the machine has nothing to with it I rode a 01 MXZ for 10 yrs in the mountains and we had a lot older machine as well

SledHead RMK

Reaction score
We will be in revy on Sunday till Thursday if that's were your looking to ride, be glad to take another person and have some fun. Taking my son who has only been out 3 times and is doing awesome. PM me if this works for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for the Offer have No clue were REVY is ... told you I can find any area hunting but dont know were alot of sledding areas are lol

SledHead RMK

Reaction score
Good on you for asking for more experienced peeps to take you out and show you the ropes! It is, after all International Take a Newbie Shredding Day on February 23....you might want to check that out to see if there is one happening close to you.

The age of your sled shouldn't have much of a factor if it's well maintained. I think like others have stated, it should be more relevant if you have the avy equipment, and avy training before you head out. That should be first and foremost.

Yes towing out sucks.....but you know, that can happen to any sled, whether it's 10 years old or brand new. It's just the risks of this sport, and we've all experienced it sometime unfortunately.

I really hope you find a good group to hook up with. Sounds like you are gung-ho and that's awesome! Safe shredding! :eek:

Yes I am very gung Ho But also dont think I would be riding crazy Lines when I am just learning the machine and my capability Yet on quads and dirtbikes is a different story ...SleadHead

CountryRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahaha man I find it all part of the experience having a group of buddies with a wide range of skills, equipment, knowledge. But easpecially when theres a breakdown. You turn back and look at those moments and find that they where as fun as the ride! But what really sucks is if your always the same one breaking down every single time!!!! Besides that every moment with buddies is a good moment!

Top Bottom