New quad

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had 3 grizzly 700,s great reliable quads but as others have said very tippy.I have scared myself several times on my grizzly almost losing it many times.They are also very wheely prone and I have flipped one over once as well.I tried out 3 outtys at the demos and they are way more stable which is why I am purchasing one.I rode a 2012 650 max and it a very nice machine.If you can hit the demo tour which is in Alta right now you get a coupon worth $500 off a new outty just for taking the tour.With some shopping you should be able to get into a brandnew 12 650XT for right around your 11G tax in with the coupon.

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my girlfriend bought a used 2008 500 renegade from a dealer last year for $6000. it only had 39 miles on it, i guess guys buy it and then realize they need a bigger motor so they trade in right away

she loves it, only thing is she gets very muddy as the center of the quad is open with no plastics blocking mud. i guess you can always buy plastic to cover that up

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I have had 3 grizzly 700,s great reliable quads but as others have said very tippy.I have scared myself several times on my grizzly almost losing it many times.They are also very wheely prone and I have flipped one over once as well.I tried out 3 outtys at the demos and they are way more stable which is why I am purchasing one.I rode a 2012 650 max and it a very nice machine.If you can hit the demo tour which is in Alta right now you get a coupon worth $500 off a new outty just for taking the tour.With some shopping you should be able to get into a brandnew 12 650XT for right around your 11G tax in with the coupon.

read the coupon a little closer my friend thats for $500 worth of accessories and gear.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
my girlfriend bought a used 2008 500 renegade from a dealer last year for $6000. it only had 39 miles on it, i guess guys buy it and then realize they need a bigger motor so they trade in right away

she loves it, only thing is she gets very muddy as the center of the quad is open with no plastics blocking mud. i guess you can always buy plastic to cover that up

a set of Kimpex fender flares go a long ways for the price, its worth a try, those sport machines you will ALWAYS get super muddy on.

Drako99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well she finally decided

Going with a Can Am Outlander 800 XT

This should be interesting

Little over budget but I think she was quoted 12,500 all in

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
read the coupon a little closer my friend thats for $500 worth of accessories and gear.
Nope coupon works for $500 off of a new ATV.Just used it on my purchase and was quoted same from Bowridge in Cochrane on my sons purchase.Yes it does not say so on coupon but thats a usuall dealer thing.

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
great choice on the 800 xt, you wont regret it grats:cool:

froggie

Reaction score
take her to check out the 550 XP Polaris, we've got on our deck, her dad's got one, and several others we know have them and are quite happy with them, and are more than likely well under her budget.

I bought the Polaris 550 - Touring and could not be any happier. The longer wheelbase is so nice to ride!

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Outy 800s kick butt, she will love the power and the fact that it's so useable. I've had my XMR for a year now with no problems :). Take it to Get Torqed if you want some more magic haha

Jazzygurl

Reaction score
She's now between :
650 outlander
750 brute force
550 griz

I'd say 550 Grizz, but im biased. Because I own one lol. Its a great ride, and still have lots of power. I tried out a 700, but too much power for a lil girl. haha.

Happy Hunting!!! I'd say rent them all and see how she likes the feel of them??

Top Bottom