New gear

Clayton Kerton

Reaction score
Hey guys. so my parents decided to help me out and get some new gear for me since i out grown all my own. i already have a jacket picked out and a helmet. the only thing im buying with my money myself is a helm cam which i know what to get now and the avy training coarse.

any leads on wat type of pants and boots i can get that are good but light weight as well would be great. thank you for your help

p.s. finally snowing here. yes!

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personally i wear snowboard boots, got them one of those 2 for 1 shoes stores, payless or something like that. Pants i have are arctiva work well for me, stay dry and warm in all weather. And i paid less that 200$ for both

Clayton Kerton

Reaction score
alright the kind of ski pants i wear though are the ones that can be worn like actuall pants. could i take the susupenders off em and also do they have a zipper on side of legs ot get at boots? i also have probs with boots somehow.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clayton, Go have a look at Peavy Mart, they sell Baffin boots which are good IMO, cost a little less and never have cold wet feet. I've used them for about ten years now.:tree1:

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clayton, Go have a look at Peavy Mart, they sell Baffin boots which are good IMO, cost a little less and never have cold wet feet. I've used them for about ten years now.:tree1:

Unless you have size 13 boots cause then guys tease you and say, you sledding or skiing :eek:

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i decided to go with Klim Artic boots, seem to be awesome for warmth a light Weight. $250.

I think im gonna pick up some Klim gear for myself s everyne swears by it.

Costs alot but you py for what you get.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unless you have size 13 boots cause then guys tease you and say, you sledding or skiing :eek:

I'm aware of that, Clayton is younger and probally doesnt have big feet. I would check them out they have some new designs that are not bulky like the old ones, I would say just like snowboard boats.:tree1:

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like these:tree1:

Attachments

• slide_01.jpg
    slide_01.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 208

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Post what you are looking for in the classifieds with the sizes you want, there are always people looking to get rid of good gear. You never stop outgrowing your clothes you just pause from 18yo to 40yo then start again.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
alright. sorry for postin here.

Hey no man thats not what he is saying . Good place for asking questions is right here. However he is reccomending that if you make a wanted post in the classifieds you may find some good stuff for a decent price cause others have outgrown it.

Clayton Kerton

Reaction score
Hey no man thats not what he is saying . Good place for asking questions is right here. However he is reccomending that if you make a wanted post in the classifieds you may find some good stuff for a decent price cause others have outgrown it.

o ok. took it wrong way. but yea i just need some referances to some gear.

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yeah what he said.

Wally in Calgary

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. so my parents decided to help me out and get some new gear for me since i out grown all my own. i already have a jacket picked out and a helmet. the only thing im buying with my money myself is a helm cam which i know what to get now and the avy training coarse.

any leads on wat type of pants and boots i can get that are good but light weight as well would be great. thank you for your help

p.s. finally snowing here. yes!
I don't know where you are in AB but if you can get to the Bass Outfitters you could look at the hunting boots. They are very light and warm and waterproof. I got some last year for $80 and I love them. Warm and dry even when riding @-20.
RedHead Bone-Dry Big Horn 9'' Insulated Waterproof Hunting Boots for Men --

Clayton Kerton

Reaction score
I don't know where you are in AB but if you can get to the Bass Outfitters you could look at the hunting boots. They are very light and warm and waterproof. I got some last year for $80 and I love them. Warm and dry even when riding @-20.
RedHead Bone-Dry Big Horn 9'' Insulated Waterproof Hunting Boots for Men --

alright never heard of them... i might go with klim but i dont want my parents paying that much for me. i would feel bad bout that. i will check that link out and see if there is on nearby where i am.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depending on your foot size, I have a pair of polaris boots that I would part with, I think their either a 9 or 10, Their really good boots, warm and super light which is nice if your tromping through deep powder. I went to Klim's but was keeping these as the spair pair but like I said would consider parting with them.

Top Bottom