New Feethooker Boards and a polish job on BirdieO's Pro RMK 600

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well spent Wednesday and Thursday night putting some new feethooker PRO SAW boards (that I got from Luck.ycangus) and polishing BirdieO's PRO RMK 600. The boards worked awesome and don't hold ANY snow!! According to Birdie - "the shiny tunnel is FAST". Thanks for the boards David...awesome product and service!!

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 267
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 264

BirdieO

Reaction score
I LOVE these boards!!! The stock boards were constantly packed with snow and got really slippery...total PITA to keep them clear. The Feethookers stayed clear all day, my feet stayed put - was Awesome! And...gotta say I was pretty stoked that we ordered at the beginning of the week and I was riding on them on Saturday...my hubby may have played a small part in that also...:p

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can see a makita 7" 6000 rpm grinder on the floor,did you cut and finish with that?
At least from the width it looks like a 7",but the handle looks like a 3000 rpm like I used to have.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can see a makita 7" 6000 rpm grinder on the floor,did you cut and finish with that?
At least from the width it looks like a 7",but the handle looks like a 3000 rpm like I used to have.

It's a Makita variable speed polisher. Yes I used that in combination with cut/polish wheels and jewellers rouge to start. Followed by two different compounds of liquid metal polish.

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a Makita variable speed polisher. Yes I used that in combination with cut/polish wheels and jewellers rouge to start. Followed by two different compounds of liquid metal polish.

I usually cut at 6000 and finish at 3000 rpm,but a tunnel is prob.too thin for 6000.

I see brown and green F1 in the one pic,do you use the F1 in just the spots you cant get to with the grinder?
Myself I would use a yellow wheel and brown rouge to start then yellow wheel w/green bar ,then if your real
picky white wheel w/white bar.But thats just me.
Good job,I love anything thats polished.

Last edited:

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I usually cut at 6000 and finish at 3000 rpm,but a tunnel is prob.too thin for 6000.

I see brown and green F1 in the one pic,do you use the F1 in just the spots you cant get to with the grinder?
Myself I would use a yellow wheel and brown rouge to start then yellow wheel w/green bar ,then if your real
picky white wheel w/white bar.But thats just me.
Good job,I love anything thats polished.

I cut the tunnel sides with green wheel/brown bar @ 4000 RPM and finished with White wheel/white bar @ 4500 RPM. The top which was in a little worse shape; I did the initial cut with purple wheel/brown bar at 4000 RPM (too lazy to sand:D) and then green wheel/brown bar @ 4000 RPM and finished with White wheel/white bar @ 4500 RPM. Just to smooth out any wheel blemishes I go over everything with medium and fine F1 by hand. Tight spots are got with a small wheel on a die grinder. Many ways to skin a cat I guess. I found the green bar to work good on stainless. but didn't do much for me on aluminum. I found the brown bar with a little softer wheel to work better on aluminum for coloring.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well spent Wednesday and Thursday night putting some new feethooker PRO SAW boards (that I got from Luck.ycangus) and polishing BirdieO's PRO RMK 600. The boards worked awesome and don't hold ANY snow!! According to Birdie - "the shiny tunnel is FAST". Thanks for the boards David...awesome product and service!!

Need something like that boards hold alota stuff.

Top Bottom