New Clutch Belt

GRD

Reaction score
I am just wondering if anyone cleans there new belts with soap and water before the put them on/prior to break in.

I heard a guy mention that he cleans his new belts prior to using, possibly to remove anything left on the belt by the manufacture.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes warm water and dish soap and a bristle brush to make sure the release compound is off. Have done it ever since I put a new one on years ago and it slipped right off the bat.

Reactions: GRD

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doesn't hurt to clean it every 3-4 rides depending on your riding style. I've been getting at least 3000 km outta all my belts. I use Simple Green on mine....

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm super picky with my clutches. After I get home the minimum is scrub the belt with hot water and dish soap, and wipe down the clutches with a rag with brake cleaner on it. Don't forget to scrub off your spare belts as well. Really easy for me since this sled has only been on the snow 8 days. ;)

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never cleaned my belts and my last one lasted over 3200 miles, I might give it a try and see how it works on my next belt.

Top Bottom