New boots!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Needed new boots , thinking stompers, liked adrenilines, decided to do a little re-search and came up with the best bang for my buck. Went with the Columbia Bugaboot plus 11 XTM Omni Heat from Mountain Tech Equipment, they are light, comfortable and rated for -65 ( I will be happy with -30 ) I am pretty sure they will be way better than my older Klims , best part .....159.00. Will find out sat if they pass the test. image.jpg

cancritter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
light and comfy sounds good to me..will have to have a boo at some

note says -45 c

Last edited:

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Needed new boots , thinking stompers, liked adrenilines, decided to do a little re-search and came up with the best bang for my buck. Went with the Columbia Bugaboot plus 11 XTM Omni Heat from Mountain Tech Equipment, they are light, comfortable and rated for -65 ( I will be happy with -30 ) I am pretty sure they will be way better than my older Klims , best part .....159.00. Will find out sat if they pass the test.View attachment 162525

Food for thought............... go and see how much Columbia supports Motorized sports............. or how they as a company, are actively rallying behind those trying to shut down Motorized use in the back country.

There are several threads here outing those against us.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They should last for a long time... You can use them when you're out back country snow shoeing!

freezie

Reaction score
Watch those quick lace hooks , my buddy had boots with them and they scratched the hell out of his tunnel .

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
They should last for a long time... You can use them when you're out back country snow shoeing!
Gee I'm sorry I didn't call you up first however I was on the phone with Alley and was thinking stompers but you never called me up to let me know what to do and I needed something ASAP, I was unawhere of what you say about them. However the lady was very nice and helpfull and I'm sure if I bought what you think I should spend my money on and no doubt where I wonder if she would be be as pleasant as you are, I doubt it!......... Gone Snowshoing!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gee I'm sorry I didn't call you up first however I was on the phone with Alley and was thinking stompers but you never called me up to let me know what to do and I needed something ASAP, I was unawhere of what you say about them. However the lady was very nice and helpfull and I'm sure if I bought what you think I should spend my money on and no doubt where I wonder if she would be be as pleasant as you are, I doubt it!......... Gone Snowshoing!

Ok....... big picture Lyle.. but have atter. I can be the bad girl.......... I think it sucks that companies put corporate dollars into shutting us down, but apparently that is me. ................. and ouch... My feelings are hurt. can you please forward me a hurt feelers form Mr. Moderator of SNOW AND MUD a snowmobiling forum?

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh Momma, be as cranky as you like......

Can get more from banging my head against the wall than you did in your meetings....

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just hijacked the thread sorry.

Just bought my Workwarehouse boots, third set; $140.00. They are -65 very light boots.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh Momma, be as cranky as you like......

Can get more from banging my head against the wall than you did in your meetings....

Omgosh true dat bro................ but who knows.. we may have some silver lining to post up soon. Some super cool peeps .. are joining forces with us! !!!!!! A larger political group. As soon as I have something to share I promise I will. I don't want to jinx it, or get hopes up.. just know.. there's some absolutely amazing high powered political peeps on our side now!!! yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy.. holy man yayy.. I'm going to post up a link pretty quick too. fingers crossed.
Hope.. again that is what it comes down to, a little bit of hope to fuel the fire. I want to be a cranky old fart 90 year old woman with a turbo.. shredding with my kids grand kids and great grand kids.......... Down with the fuggers trying to shut us down. We are good peeps!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ooo and @#$%@#%@%!%!%the companies trying to shut us down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I honestly don't care what peeps buy as far as sled products. We all have preferences and specific needs. There are many wicked cool boots on the market now.. FXR is hitting it hard with their new line up.. Klim is strong.. I ♥ motorfist with all my ♥ HMK is wicked with their Boa..... honestly there are so many awesome sled companies that contribute to our sport, the CAC, our Clubs... that is my point. yayyy for dry feet.. but WOO HOOOOO for saving our sport and gaining momentum to kick the ever living @#$@#%@ out of the people who think we can be shut down...

K off my soap box.. I need a beer!!

Adios... and CMD.. waiting for my hurt feeler form... I would like some sort of a coupon too.. like a hug coupon

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried to warn you Trish. :nono:

It's all good my friend. I'll call you tomorrow afternoon.. chit be flyin... in a good way.......I promise. I've got some fight in me still... My turn to giver... We've got some pretty wicked peeps too... I'm just not ready to roll over and play dead... I'm far to ornery and free spirited. ... On a positive note... ... I was somewhat polite...
"mr Biologist sir.. I want to like you.. but when you put old obsolete data and try to pass it off as relevant fact... I kind of lose my warm fuzzies".
At one point... um so Trish.. I'm getting that you feel strongly about this.... my reply... Do you THINK! .. It's all good. I have peeps on our team who are way better speaking in a political fashion.. High powered wicked awesome men, who have the ability to be diplomatic and reach goals.

I'll be in the corner duct taped to the wall... hee he hee..

I did hug him good bye though. :)

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can't believe the reaction I got from you over my ignorance in the politics of sledding, buy a pair of boots and I'm destroying the sport! It may be hard for you to believe but I do support our sport, actually if you new me you may even be surprised how passionate I am about the sport. How ever I do own 3 pairs of snowshoes and was a very good skier in my younger days. I guess you can really tear me apart now. Guess my 300 dollar Columbia ski jacket has to go too, I appoligize and end this right now so you can go save our sport. Good job. I always thought informing was better than bashing. Also I appoligize for being a moderator cause that makes me bigger than life for sure.. Have a nice evening!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
apparently you need a form too.. for I hurt your feelers. Your ignorance, is in it's truest sense. You didn't know. Perhaps research the threads, read the articles that have come out in the last year, many articles in different magazines, to become more educated. There are many agendas working against the sport that we love. People have to know, and when they know better they hopefully choose to do better. There is a post, I think it's around pg 3 in this forum by now. If you can't find it, i'll look after and link you.
I know you're a good man, but sometimes the bigger picture is worth knowing, and a unified force, provinces wide can impact those who are trying to shut us down. I in all honesty became sick to my stomach learning all of the companies that are against us. Lobbying to shut us down. Pretty disheartening, and sometimes a conflict of interest arises... do you support your local business, grow your local economy even if they are carrying the brands that are taking large sums of money to shut us down? Where is the answer? dunno.. but when we know better we can make better choices.
Many group purchases are being awarded discounts from snowmobile clubs. Work with your local dealers and they can request concessions if you are contributing to your club, that in essence is the voice that says.. HELL NO.. you are NOT taking our land.

Lyle, you being a Mod, I perhaps set a higher standard of respect for you. Alberta and BC are both getting bombarded by crap. We are good people. Nuff said.

Top Bottom