New Alberta rider looking for advice and riding partners

westernguy

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

After moving here from Nova Scotia in 2006 i finally bought a sled. I had a few sleds growing up in NS but our climate and trails to put it lightly sucked! lol So i got out of it but always enjoyed it. So after moving out of the city and into the country( beaver county) I had to get a sled. Now i know some of you will frown on my purchase but i found a Yamaha Nytro mtx 2008 in good shape for a good price so i started with that. So its snowing and i want to get out. Just want any info on where i should go? I have never been in the mountains, think that would be a little much to start out. Where would you guys recommend? If anybody heading on a weekend trip let me know if you guys dont mind a newbie.

nice meeting you all,
B.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might want to get a hold of someone from the Tri-county snowmobile club Ministik trails are pretty close to you. Ministik Man on this site can probably point you in the right direction...

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Join a club. If your near Sherwood Park,Leduc, South or East Edmonton, Tri-county. If your near the fort Snow angles, west. End I think are the snow goers. Google Alberta Snowmobile clubs and go from there.

westernguy

Reaction score
Ya thats what i was thinking too, i was checking out the tri-county website but looked like it had not been updated so i wasn't sure.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello Westernguy....

If you travel in and out of the city via hwy 14 wave has you go by RR224 were south a couple miles, we sled in the area around are farm over in Ministick and Rolyview....For a really good day trip we'll head out to SW of Drayton Valley or even to Nordegg....my son and I go to the mountains from time to time, you would need to invest soem $ in some avalanche training and equipment, if and when you want to check the mountains out. A lot of our local and even the foothills rides are family rides so good for all levels.

If you want to chat PM me and I'll send you my number, we could get together and chat....

blubbles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm in a pretty similar situation as you, First year owning my own real mountain sled. Done a few rentals here and there, dirtbiking and quadding my whole life, but now to this. I should be hooking up with a couple of guys to head to the hills, though we are in Calgary, if you wanted to make that drive.

westernguy

Reaction score
ya maybe i will head down there at some point im sure! ill have to msg ya when im out that way

Top Bottom