Needing hardwood cleaner

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend me a good cleaner for hardwood? Bamboo flooring if that matters.
Thanks!!

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's the problem Travis?

His floors have become dirty and he needs a cleaner for them......:dontknow:

homemade floor cleaner for bamboo floor. 1 gallon hot water (from tap) 1/2 cup white vinegar 1 tablespoon olive oil 7 drops lavender oil Combine all ingredients in a bucket. Use either a mop with a terry cloth or microfiber cover. Remove and rinse regularly.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
His floors have become dirty and he needs a cleaner for them......:dontknow:

I agree with your solution as vinegar is a great cleaner and cheap! It may not be the solution if there are serious markings.

I asked the question because of the possibility of maybe more than just normal household dirt and grime. This is a "new to gibsons" house so who knows what the real problem with the hardwood is?

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry fellas it just needs a good cleaning, no marks or gouges, just normal wear and tear. We were using the swifter wet jet but doesn't seem to work all that well. Curious on something better.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry fellas it just needs a good cleaning, no marks or gouges, just normal wear and tear. We were using the swifter wet jet but doesn't seem to work all that well. Curious on something better.
Geez I was just kidding.

My wife uses a steam mop on our bamboo and it's is always nice and clean.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

Holy cow....................bamboo sure isn't like oak or maple! Lots of reading if you Google "cleaning bamboo floors". Here is a small sample of what I found.

Bamboo Floor Maintenance

Top Bottom