Need some help deciding

Jemeda11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a zx summit x 800 144 track. Wife says I can buy a new one. I was looking at a summit x 163 but I was also thinking a 154 I'm about 300 lbs give or take 25 lbs I go to the mountains 3 times a year more if I can. I have lots of hills and deep snow near home. Not to much groomed trails. Spend a lot of time on cutlines. I need to know if I can turn around on cutlines with out getting off and throwing it around. I don't highmark but I like to climb 2/3rds up. Thanks for any input:eek:

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey I'm a really big lightweight weighing in at a whopping 175 pounds (i'm huge) I ride a 163 skidoo xp and love that long track I find it fairly easy to whip it around without getting off of it. I was so used to my long track that when i tried a buddys 153 cat i was getting stuck everywere my vote is for the 163"

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you ride in open area's then 163. If you want to boondock through tight stuff 154. Fluffy cut lines the 163 would shine and be very forgiving. In tight trees they do take more room to whip around and if you are following a shorter track you will have skis planted on trees and swearing!!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
With your weight and with winter coming, I can't see you getting much lighter!! Not trying to start a war here but we all tend to gain weight in the winter.

Saying that, the 163" hands down. I have one of each; an 08 154" and '10 163". Granted I have only ridden the 163 for 500 kms, but they have been the greatest times. The extra floatation is awesome. I haven't noticed a big difference in the trees but some people doo and that's there experience. All I can talk about is my experience and I love the 163" and would recommend it to anyone riding in the mountains even 3-4 times a year. Enjoy it and don't look back!

Top Bottom