Need some Advice!

PJ440x

Reaction score
So I decided I need to buy a 13'. The sled I really want if things work out would be a 163X black pull start. I am coming off a 09' XP 154"

So I have a chance at a 13' 154" Black X with electric start. It's on hold and need to pull the trigger by the end of the day tomorrow or it's gone. The thing is that I am really wanting to try the 163" and never really figured I need the extra weight and $400 for the ES. I'm actually looking to drop some weight not add.

Also i have a line possibly on a 13' 163X black pull start if one of these 3 guys back out that are not answering the dealers calls (should know by Monday/Tuesday). And the last option which is also ok is the 163 SP orange if all fails, but figured the black with all the wrap options would work better for me in the long run.

I'm sure I'll be happy with any new sled whether it's a 154" or 163" or color but don't want to have any buyers regret and I'm heading to Revy Dec 7th so need to ch!t or get off the pot soon.

Thanks

Djpanda

Reaction score
When your paying what we do for our sleds my advice to you is wait brother. Get exactly what you want and deserve!!!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pick the one you like the best and buy it? Not sure what advice you are needing here..lol

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
To each their own as far as color goes!

I have black on black. I like the orange and black SP as they look really sharp this year. I have seen some black on yellow that i like. So it just depends on you!

I have used ES for years and will not go back. I have used the 163 for the last 4 sleds and I won't go back.

But you have to choose………good luck!:danceMsn:

PJ440x

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input Lads! I was really hoping that Mr. Maxwell may chime in......... I heard he's a "BIG Deal"

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some won't agree with me but I'm going to tell you how I see it. First of all you want the 163 don't settle for the 154. Because next year you will be making another thread looking for options to extend your new sled lol. In the deep re 163 out performs in all conditions. And it's only 500$ to do it from the factory rather than 2000$ aftermarket later down the road. Secondly....electric start on the etec is useless. Adds weight and they are one pull start machines. Some don't mind the weight and like the convenience but for me it's like taking.a step backwards. As far as color options I went with black black but to be honest I would have taken any of the colors they all look pretty slick this year. And don't be afraid of the sp it performs just as well as its x counterpart. Basically just has lower end shocks is all. Hope this helps.

PJ440x

Reaction score
Some won't agree with me but I'm going to tell you how I see it. First of all you want the 163 don't settle for the 154. Because next year you will be making another thread looking for options to extend your new sled lol. In the deep re 163 out performs in all conditions. And it's only 500$ to do it from the factory rather than 2000$ aftermarket later down the road. Secondly....electric start on the etec is useless. Adds weight and they are one pull start machines. Some don't mind the weight and like the convenience but for me it's like taking.a step backwards. As far as color options I went with black black but to be honest I would have taken any of the colors they all look pretty slick this year. And don't be afraid of the sp it performs just as well as its x counterpart. Basically just has lower end shocks is all. Hope this helps.

Thanks Man! Much Appreciated! Everything you said is exacty what I'm thinking.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Man! Much Appreciated! Everything you said is exacty what I'm thinking.
163 and 154 etecs in our group and they are both pretty sweet the 154 highmarks my 162 and the 63 beats the 54 both do great in the trees, not a doo fan myself but the new xm has me really leaning to your side for my next buy, they look awesome, the t-motion looks like a great innovation, the etec is bulletproof, both in my group have over 3000km without a mod other than cans and still run like day 1, good luck with your new toy, wait to find exactly what you want is good advice, I waited for a black 62 and after riding the snopro 153 I was going to buy that my buddy owns I would never trade

cookgio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like maxwell said the sp is a great sled and deal and imo that orange is really sweet there is alot of blk/blk x models out there so good luck on your choice and let use know what u pick. 163 sp lol.

Top Bottom