Need Info!

git r done

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I have had a couple other posts on here regarding dropping a 3 inch 162 underneath an 2009 M8. So can anyone who has done this please let me know what i need to do other than just the track to make it work good and to its full potential.
1. Do I need new drvers?
2. Do I need to change my gearing in the dd?
3. Anything else that I should take into consideration? Most of our ridig is done in Valemount, Mcbride. So just wondering what to expect with this track when i go to the hills and it is pretty pounded. Hows it work on the more set up snow?

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put one under my '09 m1000. You will not need new drivers. On the 16 wide 3" you have to cut the track clips on the DD side or they will rub into the dd body. If you're putting in the 15 wide I don't know if they're already cut or not. I didn't change gearing on mine. I can't remember if I changed clutching or not but I don't believe I did. It works better in everything I rode in compared to the PC. Only issue I had with the track was trying to keep the skis from pointing at the sky. Got that figured for this year though

git r done

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks. I shouldnt have to cut the track at all if i wait for he 15 wide will i?

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No the 15 should slide right in. The lugs don't go right to the edge of the track so they should clear the cooler lines

Top Bottom