need help

Keng

Reaction score
Well im planning a Trip to Canmore end of november how is riding at that time of year and in that area? and well since im flying and cant take my rmk. anyone know the rough cost of renting a machine and where i can rent one.

thanx for your help.. and hey if anyone knows of the good job leads in the area of canmore, calgary.. let me know.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think theres much riding around canmore in november but i could be wrong.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well im planning a Trip to Canmore end of november how is riding at that time of year and in that area? and well since im flying and cant take my rmk. anyone know the rough cost of renting a machine and where i can rent one.

thanx for your help.. and hey if anyone knows of the good job leads in the area of canmore, calgary.. let me know.

Canmore is on the edge of a National park and within the Rocky Mountain Forest Reserve. There is basically no riding in the area and in November there probably won't be a whole lot of snow (based on historical snowfall data in the area). We usually get a cold snap about the third week of Nov, so expect that it will be pretty cold.
Sorry, Canmore is not listed in the database but Kananaskis was as close as I could get you (about 20 mins down the road). Average snow depth in Nov there is 5 cm and not much has accumulated by end of Nov. You might have to go to Revy or somewhere a little farther west.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Canmore is on the edge of a National park and within the Rocky Mountain Forest Reserve. There is basically no riding in the area and in November there probably won't be a whole lot of snow (based on historical snowfall data in the area). We usually get a cold snap about the third week of Nov, so expect that it will be pretty cold.
Sorry, Canmore is not listed in the database but Kananaskis was as close as I could get you (about 20 mins down the road). Average snow depth in Nov there is 5 cm and not much has accumulated by end of Nov. You might have to go to Revy or somewhere a little farther west.

Yup what Mm said.....try golden and revy..........Glacier House is rent and ride from your bed so you dont have to worry about a truck or trailer. If the snow comes early and hard you can also try Inn on the Border in southern Alta, another ride from your bed and food establishment. It's 2hrs and a little bit from Cowtown.
There is also Mclean, Cataract and Etherington very close by....but I would forget about them in Nov.

Keng

Reaction score
maybe ill wait till a little later in the year. then i can actually take the treck there with a few people and hoepfully meet up with some of you guys.. love to see my sled can really. do. btw i have a 08 RMK 700

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe ill wait till a little later in the year. then i can actually take the treck there with a few people and hoepfully meet up with some of you guys.. love to see my sled can really. do. btw i have a 08 RMK 700
Not to discourage you from coming but thats a good idea.....if you really want to enjoy the mountains come alittle later. Read the sledding section later in the year and that will keep you posted on conditions.
p.s. sled rentals average 250 bucks for a 800 Mtn sled.

Top Bottom