Need Help/Advise ASAP Please.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a Wasp nest problem, under some construction garbage that I would like to take to the dump today. Any Idea's on how to get rid off them, or slow them down so I can load the balance ?

Thanks.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I have a Wasp nest problem, under some construction garbage that I would like to take to the dump today. Any Idea's on how to get rid off them, or slow them down so I can load the balance ?

Thanks.

If you can identify the exact location then that wasp spray chit works well...
Not sure if you want or can burn at all but I usually use gas for the inground nests....Plastic beer cup of gasoline....and throw a match....then use an extinguisher.....nothing will survive....heat from fire+cold from extinguisher.

At my house in lamont we used about 1.5 liters of gas in an underground nest...man we lit that sucker and flames and dead wasp carcases shot 20+ feet into the air...was really cool...:d

lexy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks.

You have to get the nest late at nite in a bag. they are not active then.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That would have been cool to see!!!!! I can't burn them, because of the location their at. Maybe I'll try to be a little braver, and see if I can find their home, and go get a can of Raid.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You have to get the nest late at nite in a bag. they are not active then.

That does work well. But these guys are under crap, or possibly in ground :confused:

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
We had a fairly large nest hanging under the deck right beside the hottub. I got all dressed up, coveralls, boots, helmet with goggles, gloves thick jacket and I pressure washed the nest apart. Waited a while and they were all gone.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just threw a rock at their home, and they REALLY didn't like it(nor would I). But I think I know where their at. I'm going in to get a couple cans of Raid.

Thanks,

Doug

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Yup that spray works great. Early morn is your best bet as thats when its the coldest. I've used both the spray and the foam you inject into the nest and both work great. As its always smokin hot I would dress up coveralls boots tape no holes hat with mosquito net if you have one etc. You might also want to try a fogger first before you move all the chit as that will definitely slow them down .... good luck .... pics are always nice too :d

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well......Just sprayed one can on them, and it really slowed the activity down. I'm going to wait a minute. Disturb the house, and see if I can dump another can.

I am thinking I should have bought more than 2 cans.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP. THE SPRAY WORKED GREAT.

SORRY 8or NO PICS.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have heard that the wasp sray does work, but I always have cans of either/quick start around and have used it for years.....had a wasp nest at a neibourghs last year the size of a basket ball. They didnt know what to do, so I took the trusty quick start, Waited till 11:00 at night, had a can in each hand and sprayed into the opening, it took a can and a half unil they stoped buzzing, at one point I thought the thing was going to take off the buzzing was so loud....

would not want to stop once you start.....I likes they were a might bit pissed.....

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks.

gas works good!

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I had 1 size of a football in our apple tree I took expanding foam and sprayed in the hole trapped them inside then put a garbage bag over it and cut the branch off all in tee shirt and shorts but I used gloves cause foam is a bi**h to get off

Top Bottom