Need 2010 m8 clutch puller..... Stranded!!!!!!!!

NeilV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alright so we are in blue river tonight and left a 2010 m8 in the back of salmon lake because of a broken spider on the primary. if there is anyone in the blue river valemount mcbride area that has a 2010 puller they would be willing to lend us please let me know as soon as you can. thanks guys.

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no experience with a cat but this has worked for me a couple times in a bind...
tip sled on side and take out clutch bolt. fill hole with water. warm would be good. put bolt back in and tighten er up. should expand the thicker part of the tapered shaft and pop off the clutch. if you cant find a puller maybe try it.

NeilV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if we cant find one we might have to give that a try but its an hour and a half ride just to get to it so it would nice to have something we know would work when we get there.

tranquillicer

Reaction score
Vinnie has one in Valemount but not sure how open they are to letting stuff go out for a day. This "spider" issue seems to be getting a fair bit of news lately

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if we cant find one we might have to give that a try but its an hour and a half ride just to get to it so it would nice to have something we know would work when we get there.

That puller work that i leant you?

newbornrider

Reaction score
If you broke your spider or any part other the the weights on a m series and if it's a 2010 it would be a 3post and no one has pulleys for them cuz the spider is also. Threaded on at 85 foot pounds of torque your only option is to pull the sled out and buy a new clutch or just buy a new clutch and go back my best friend is feeling with the same thing rite now to it's a bummer but a cat made that clutch to not be taken apart they dont rly want anyone pulling them apart so yah sorry mang

NeilV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no glen it didnt. we tried it on my sled in the trailer but no dice. so lee is back on the road to see if he cant track the right one down.

newbornrider- we took everything on the clutch apart other than getting the spider off but we replacing the spider seems like way too much work on the hill, so we are trying to get a puller so we can take the clutch off my sled and take it up and put it on his.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sucks. I thought for sure it'd work. I'll have to look into that. I will be definitely ordering some to have in stock here for sale aswell as one for myself seeing how's that one didn't work.

cdnsledder

Reaction score
It was my sled that was SOL way back in Salmon lake. NeilV lended me his clutch and the Sled Den in McBride hooked us up with a puller.

glengine tried to help me out too but that damn 2010/11 M8 needed the green puller. little did we know.

Thank you to all who got me back to the trailer the tools, clutch, pullers and buddies patience... lots of people helped me out. Long day/night but we got'r.

Top Bottom