Nascar

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another crazy Talladega race but blown engines were the story today for the Chasers. First Truex Jr. had his engine let go early in the race and then the most dominant car of the race Keselowski had debris on his grill cause his Miller Lire Ford to overheat and his engine expired right in front of his teammate and eventual winner Joey Logano. Here were the top 10 cars to finish the race: 22-44-11-41-17-42-4-43-3-47. Congrats to Joey and nice to see a Ford move on.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So as Dega was an elimination race here is the 8 cars to move on to Martinsville for the round of 8: 22-48-4-20-19-11-41-18. All 4 Gibbs cars transfer, 2 from Stewart Haas and 1 from Penske and Hendrick. Unfortunate deal for Austin Dillon who actually tied for the last spot with Hamlin but lost out on a tiebreaker.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Frikken fat Alabamaians! HaHa! Go Joey!!!!:smilieicon_ford:

I will have to straighten this issue out in March.

I am stressed now need a vacation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was looking forward to getting a win today and moving on so the dream was still alive when I get to Phoenix in a couple weeks but not happening this year.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was looking forward to getting a win today and moving on so the dream was still alive when I get to Phoenix in a couple weeks but not happening this year.

Yes I think the grill being blocked caused the heating issue and engine damage.

Really sucks when he was running so well.

But he has nothing to worry about now but driving like a mad man and causing havoc on the track.

Watch out now. He will be more aggressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nascar reported today that starting next year they will be limiting Sprint Cup drivers that have been in the series for 5 or more years to 10 races only in the Xfinity and Craftsman Truck series. They cannot race in Dash for Cash events or any of the final 8 Chase races in those respective series. Drivers like Elliott Sadler, Jeff Green, Morgan Shepard and Derrick Cope who have raced in the premiere series for more than 5 years but are racing for points in the lower series will be exempted. This is to allow young and up coming drivers to make their mark in the lower tiered series with out being beat up by the Sprint Cup stars.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nascar reported today that starting next year they will be limiting Sprint Cup drivers that have been in the series for 5 or more years to 10 races only in the Xfinity and Craftsman Truck series. They cannot race in Dash for Cash events or any of the final 8 Chase races in those respective series. Drivers like Elliott Sadler, Jeff Green, Morgan Shepard and Derrick Cope who have raced in the premiere series for more than 5 years but are racing for points in the lower series will be exempted. This is to allow young and up coming drivers to make their mark in the lower tiered series with out being beat up by the Sprint Cup stars.
Finally! That's good to hear. They needed to put teeth into it somehow. I always felt bad for young and upcoming stars. Their big race for the week and a driver from a higher series came in and spanked the field. Never seemed to make sense to me

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally! That's good to hear. They needed to put teeth into it somehow. I always felt bad for young and upcoming stars. Their big race for the week and a driver from a higher series came in and spanked the field. Never seemed to make sense to me

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Yeah it will be an interesting exercise to see if fans will still fill seats with no big stars in the race. we will know soon enough.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah it will be an interesting exercise to see if fans will still fill seats with no big stars in the race. we will know soon enough.

nascar fans are nascar fans their there for the weekend to drink beer and smell sunoco fuel being burnt for the whole weekend :D

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

nascar fans are nascar fans their there for the weekend to drink beer and smell sunoco fuel being burnt for the whole weekend :D

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weird one today at the paperclip. Carl Edwards blows a tire later in the race and Nascar loses track of the running order and instead of red flagging the race they allow the caution flag to wave for 29 laps?? This cost the 2 car a win as they had fresh tires but ran out of time getting to Jimmie Johnson who got the win. Johnson transfers to the Homestead finale. Here was the top 10 finishers: 48-2-11-20-18-88-78-1-22-47. Controversy after the race as the 3 highest finishing Gibbs cars played follow the leader much to the chagrin of Kyle Busch who had a faster car than Hamlin and Kenseth and was vocal in his displeasure with the late race team orders.

Top Bottom