Nascar

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
we'll see if her and her bo tango on the track this weekend. He better steer clear or this wil be on her vag!:lock1:
It will be an interesting race. I was just on the NASCAR website and did a little reading.

Last edited:

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
[h=1]Kyle Petty on Danica Patrick: “she’s not a race car driver”[/h]Tony DiZinno
Jun 28, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT

29 Comments
Getty Images “She’s not a race car driver. She can go fast, but she can’t race.”
Them’s fightin’ words from Kyle Petty, former NASCAR driver and current analyst regarding Danica Patrick’s ability level in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.
In an interview that aired on SPEED’s “NASCAR Race Hub” Thursday, Petty explained the difference between a “fast driver” and a “race car driver,” in his opinion.
“She is a hot commodity and rightfully so,” he said. “In a market where everybody that crawls into a race car on a Sunday afternoon in Cup racing is male; she’s the female. I don’t have a problem with her being a marketing machine – more power to her.
“She can go fast, and I’ve seen her go fast. She drives the wheels off it when she goes fast. But she’s not a race car driver. There’s a difference.
“Danica has been the perfect example of somebody who can qualify better than what she runs. She can go fast, but she can’t race. I think she’s come a long way, but she’s still not a race car driver. And I don’t think she’s ever going to be a race car driver.”
Petty made similar remarks in 2010, to the Associated Press. At the time, he questioned what Patrick was bringing to NASCAR beyond her marketing ability, as she was transitioning from IndyCar into NASCAR.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
[video]http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2013/06/28/danica-patrick-responds-to-kyle-petty-criticism.html[/video]

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kyle Petty on Danica Patrick: “she’s not a race car driver”

Tony DiZinno

29 Comments
Getty Images “She’s not a race car driver. She can go fast, but she can’t race.”
Them’s fightin’ words from Kyle Petty, former NASCAR driver and current analyst regarding Danica Patrick’s ability level in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.
In an interview that aired on SPEED’s “NASCAR Race Hub” Thursday, Petty explained the difference between a “fast driver” and a “race car driver,” in his opinion.
“She is a hot commodity and rightfully so,” he said. “In a market where everybody that crawls into a race car on a Sunday afternoon in Cup racing is male; she’s the female. I don’t have a problem with her being a marketing machine – more power to her.
“She can go fast, and I’ve seen her go fast. She drives the wheels off it when she goes fast. But she’s not a race car driver. There’s a difference.
“Danica has been the perfect example of somebody who can qualify better than what she runs. She can go fast, but she can’t race. I think she’s come a long way, but she’s still not a race car driver. And I don’t think she’s ever going to be a race car driver.”
Petty made similar remarks in 2010, to the Associated Press. At the time, he questioned what Patrick was bringing to NASCAR beyond her marketing ability, as she was transitioning from IndyCar into NASCAR.
Kyle Petty won 8 races in how many seasons in the big show?

DragonDiva

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kyle Petty on Danica Patrick: “she’s not a race car driver”

Tony DiZinno

29 Comments

There are a couple other drivers out there in Nascar land that have been more hype than racing ability. I have said that about the 88 at times that his success is only based on father's history and media campaigns. Pretty much any open wheeler has never amounted to a ball of sh*t in Nascar so I think they should all go back and never comeback.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There are a couple other drivers out there in Nascar land that have been more hype than racing ability. I have said that about the 88 at times that his success is only based on father's history and media campaigns. Pretty much any open wheeler has never amounted to a ball of sh*t in Nascar so I think they should all go back and never comeback.
That's pretty harsh to say about open wheelers!!! So what if they never get in the top 10, it's not their fault for trying something new? Remember Blair Morgan.... Great sledder, but a chitty moto cross rider. As far as the drivers, that have a rep. Do to their Fathers history, I couldn't agree with you more.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apparently there are rumors in the garage area of Edwards going to Penske next year???? Don't you just love contract years? Penske has denied the rumors.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Has it started, or is the start still at noon? I haven't turned on my TV yet

Top Bottom