Narrow panel and board kit for XM

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This package looks kinda cool. Almost looks like a polaris though. haha

Helium hood and narrow side panels. Apparently you need to run the skinz boards too.

SPG%20Ski%20Doo%20Helium%20Hood%20SDHK450-WHT%20SDHK455-WHT_zpsoyneg033.jpg

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seen this kit too, looks awesome and drops a pile of weight, really want to see the intake set up they run with it

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seen this kit too, looks awesome and drops a pile of weight, really want to see the intake set up they run with it

Yeah Ive been looking for a aftermarket hood/intake ext. Not sure if I like the side panels yet.

Be nice to see it first, but its brand new and I guess you have to pre order it. Id like it better if I order it and it shows up a few days later.

I might need to call these guys and see what the deal is:beer:

• Thanks
Reactions: GDS

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the hood looks super cool. They are misleading with their advertising though. They say you have to run their can for the side panels to fit. So they include the wieght savings from the can in the "total weight savings". By the time you get the running boards, can, side panels, hood.......you are in for a pile of money. Better money to be spent in my opinion. Do the hood and can and then look elsewhere for weight savings. Im not buying the performance upgrade angle of being an inch narrower.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the hood looks super cool. They are misleading with their advertising though. They say you have to run their can for the side panels to fit. So they include the wieght savings from the can in the "total weight savings". By the time you get the running boards, can, side panels, hood.......you are in for a pile of money. Better money to be spent in my opinion. Do the hood and can and then look elsewhere for weight savings. Im not buying the performance upgrade angle of being an inch narrower.

Yeah I read into that too, I agree. I think I like the Mountain Fit hood(brand name) better also. This one could grow on me though.

Im mainly just looking for a light weight hood.

I hear BRP racing has one, Ive never seen it though and cant find any pics of it...

So if any one has a pic of it, please post it!:beer:

GRD

Reaction score

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What did you spring check this year?

Nothing. Buying a house in BC so saving up! hopefully getter done before winter :)

Modding up the old T3 and probably will be riding on some new Cats this year and I might even buy a new Popo, need to try one first though.:beer:

Speaking of which, I must work now...haha

• Thanks
Reactions: GRD

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree it's a cool a idea but not worth the total investment. I have a love hate relationship with the Doo boards. They fit my large feet very well but I hate how wide they are on steep sidehills and overall just how wide the sled is at the front of the boards.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree it's a cool a idea but not worth the total investment. I have a love hate relationship with the Doo boards. They fit my large feet very well but I hate how wide they are on steep sidehills and overall just how wide the sled is at the front of the boards.

Me too, I like the wider boards. I can sidehill pretty steep slopes with it already no problem, but id be interested to see if narrowing it up a bit would help or not.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I read into that too, I agree. I think I like the Mountain Fit hood(brand name) better also. This one could grow on me though.

Im mainly just looking for a light weight hood.

I hear BRP racing has one, Ive never seen it though and cant find any pics of it...

So if any one has a pic of it, please post it!:beer:

Here's a pic of the BRP hood. Very similar to the mountain fit hood.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439983834.037839.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439983854.711873.jpg

kidinloghouse

Reaction score
wow that skin set up is ugly. i really like my diamond s setup. would you still be able to run a xm decal kit on the mountain fit or brp hood? i've seen a picture of graphics on the c3 hood but i think there way outta most peoples budget

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow that skin set up is ugly. i really like my diamond s setup. would you still be able to run a xm decal kit on the mountain fit or brp hood? i've seen a picture of graphics on the c3 hood but i think there way outta most peoples budget

See and I don't like the look of the Diamond S mesh hood at all. Different strokes I guess.

Not sure if the decals would be the same or not, but you could always just get them made custom.

I am wondering if a guy just got rid of the top portion of the air box and made some sort of light weight intake.(for the stock hood)
and plus do a head light delete,,,, might be pretty close in weight to the race hoods??

And C3 hood? No thanks. A lil too pricey for a hood...lol

kidinloghouse

Reaction score
why couldnt you run the skinz headlight delete then cut away most of the factory airbox. and run the diamond s intake filter. you'd still draw air through the factory intakes on the pod but you would loose the weight of the headlights plus the half the airbox which isnt huge. but it would definately help

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why couldnt you run the skinz headlight delete then cut away most of the factory airbox. and run the diamond s intake filter. you'd still draw air through the factory intakes on the pod but you would loose the weight of the headlights plus the half the airbox which isnt huge. but it would definately help

Could do that, might do that. But Im looking to loose as much weight as possible, with out spending thousands and have it look like chit.

Ill have to strip it down and weight it to see. Other wise ill probably just get the BRP race hood:beer:

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

could you post some pics of the diamond s intake please.

Farmer88

Reaction score
I ran the brp race hood last season and it is junk , the lexan is way to flimsy and first time I rolled the sled over to get it unstuck it cracked and the gauge mounting bracket bent. The brp hood is defiantly a race hood and not a backcountry hood.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran the brp race hood last season and it is junk , the lexan is way to flimsy and first time I rolled the sled over to get it unstuck it cracked and the gauge mounting bracket bent. The brp hood is defiantly a race hood and not a backcountry hood.

Well chit, Thanks man. I roll my junk all the time, so I guess that hood is out!

Cheers Dan.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys Running the doo race hood say it makes your sled very loud. I like the look of it tho.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom