My new sled

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
She's a beauty , 1966 Hus-Ski...bought from a family that purchased it from a trapper out of Quebec when it was just 4 years old. They've owned since then and they had no use for it any longer so I purchased it...gonna be fun on the lake fishing!

Attachments

• DSCF9013.jpg
    DSCF9013.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 126

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its running a single cylinder JLO....247 cc's. Actually pulls pretty hard....seems to have a lot of torque. Haven't had it up to speed yet thou....got some carb issue's to sort out. Actually ordered a carb kit for it. Its running a tecumseth carb so shouldn't be an issue of getting a kit for it. I'd like to make a newer version. Was thinking of using a trannny out of something like a snow blower and mating it to a Honda engine. That way one would have reverse as well and different gears....make a newer version trailer with built in BBQ....be a blast!

sirzones

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That would be cool.
princess auto has honda engines and transmissions of all kinds.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
keep it original for the best nostalgia when out fishing, was it a local unit after the original owner.

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh for sure....I wouldn't mod this one. Its gonna stay as origianl...I was saying thou it'd be neat to build a more modern version with a Honda and some sort of tranny. Hell meybe even cut down a paddle track or two. 600 CC twin with pipes....hollee could get carried away....sure open some eyes ripppin accross the lake on someting like that....LOL! No I wouldn't even think of hacking this unit up. Gotta keep'er as original as possible. Yep it was bought from a guy in Calgary who bought it in Quebec. Pulled his fishing gear and all his kids on the lake fishing for years in Ontario...now they are all grown and no one had a want or need for it so he sold it! Kind of sad....you would think one would want to keep it but I guess everyones wants and needs are different I suppose....good idea on the Princess auto thing....never know what one might find in there! Thanks

sebrook

Reaction score
Awesome, awesome find! I'd love to find something like that. If you don't mind telling, what did you get it for? No problem if you do mind, I was just curious as to what to expect to pay for one of those or a diablo if I ever come across one.

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
She's a beauty , 1966 Hus-Ski...bought from a family that purchased it from a trapper out of Quebec when it was just 4 years old. They've owned since then and they had no use for it any longer so I purchased it...gonna be fun on the lake fishing!

Great Find Badss, these are real hard to find in running shape. I fully restored mine and have a blast on it. It really is very unique getting "pulled" around behind the tractor. it does not float real well but will saw through a drift till it hits the ground and keep going. enjoy it ! i have added some shots of mine

Attachments

• close up good shot.jpg
    close up good shot.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 102
  • Bolens on the lake   good shot.jpg
    Bolens on the lake good shot.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 108

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Beautiful job brother.......that is making my nouth water now! Awesome work....

Top Bottom