My experience with the Talaria mx4

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You don’t get to hear the Karen’s on your dirtbike!

My dad was a little sensitive about his lawn after we ch!t kicked it in the rain the week before.

Attachments

• IMG_5484.mov
    4.2 MB

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
5 hundy km Review

-bike it still rips! I Get to ride a sweet local spot that that Farva and the super troopers shut me down at years ago. Great times!

- stock grips spin, move and suck now. Need to replace.

-Plastic throttle block grinds my thumb knuckle when riding hard for a while. I turned it to a better position, try to were gloves, but will prob get a set of grip doughnuts and see if they help. Left side did the same on the gauge at the start but I moved it over as much as possible.

-we lent it out for a test ride and it blew a bar end plug somehow.🤷

-the bars turn often on the stem when it gets dropped hard.

- I heard the back wheel touching on something on a couple big jumps and wheelies last ride. We Have not touched the suspension settings yet. Seams like rear shock compression is set at low but rebound set is high. Spring is as loose as possible. We should be able to tune it up if we try.

-we have had a couple fender drags gone a little deep and the rear plastic bends over and doesn’t crack, but their is a little mount bracket that we have tweaked and lost a screw. A Couple have gone reel deep and we tore the seat cover a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_6639.jpeg
    IMG_6639.jpeg
    201.9 KB · Views: 85

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
900 km on it now. Did a little wrenching. She’s had a hard run.

Replaced the ripped seat cover with one for a YZ from enjoy manufacturing I had laying around. I ordered the wrong colour black/blue for the Yammy. The this blue matches the Tallaria graphics I got when I bought the bike but never installed. It stapled up fine. Just trimmed off the extra.

Replaced the fender reinforcement bracket and rear fender. No stock on standard legth fender so this one’s a little longer version.

No pics, wrenched then road it while out camping. Now it dirty.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New rear brake pads. Old ones were pretty thin only in one side of one pad. Figured out the calliper can be adjusted and set true and centred on the rotor. They probably would have lasted a long time if adjusted once in a while. Or after the wheel gets loosened or chain adjusted. I haven’t adjusted the chain at all. But probably should.

Pads are Pretty small compared to a MX bike.

Attachments

• IMG_6916.jpeg
    IMG_6916.jpeg
    215.5 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_6915.jpeg
    IMG_6915.jpeg
    406.9 KB · Views: 71

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The bars got some much needed new Grips, our go to, protaper pillow tops with the hard rubber bar ends.

Also ditched the Shatty mount on the steering Stem for one that is bolted solid to the triple clamps. It had a good test crash from one of my boys this weekend! The Crash evidence looks like she endo over and down a big steep Rocky hill at horburg last weekend. The mount, bars, gauge, and new grips survived. My boys helmet, visor, face, and pride did not feather so well!

Attachments

• IMG_7099.jpeg
    IMG_7099.jpeg
    247.3 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_7098.jpeg
    IMG_7098.jpeg
    249.3 KB · Views: 93

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the mx4 as well, went with a surron last season at the lake just because I cant get away with much noise out there. The surron was great but sold it for the new talaria mx4 and the mx4 has more power for sure. Met a guy the other day that had a KO controller and bypassed the battery and his bike destroyed my stock mx4, as fun as these are stock to play around on I might grab a controller and try it out. There isn't a person that throws their leg over the mx4 and doesn't have a blast, most of us are moto x guys too lol

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy has a couple mx bikes and has been on a surron the last couple years. Hasn't touched his gas bikes since he got the ultra bee. Can ride from his house in west kelowna up the hill to the trails without all the Karen's getting mad

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kids fender drag went a little too deep again when he did his laps.

Attachments

• IMG_7323.jpeg
    IMG_7323.jpeg
    385.5 KB · Views: 102

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s not a replacement. I recommend 2 bikes! But I like 2 strokes!💨💨💨💨💨💨💨

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are at 1200 km.

we need to do a bit maintenance.

Fork seals are leaking, so we have a seal kit ordered. We will also replace the spring with a progessive 38-50 progressive spring option when we get the parts. Stock is a 30 lbs.

stock brake levers and master cylinders are weak durability wise for crashes. I’m hoping some folding leavers can solve the problems of pulling the c-clip retainer of the brake pump actuators.

Plus fresh shoes!

Top Bottom