must haves for all sleds!

loffelbein88

Reaction score
can any one name the things that all sleds should have but they never made!

-Sky hooks on every hill.
-an anti repelling device to remove all tree magnets.
-anti rolling device made from a rectifier to reverse your polarity on your alternating power in your stater to keep you from rolling over

-cans of compression would always come in handy
-light weight piston return springs to make more power
-mufler bearing in steel for regular use, stainless for marine use, and alum. for light weight use for our sleds.

Im going to let others write some now! come up with some funnies!

Thats to funny

sirzones

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rocket booster boogie wheels for when trees jump out at ya!
for those super tight turns,lol:yikes:

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would like a warning light that tells me ahead of time when he is going to get stuck, then i could start making my way too him, call for that "sky hook" or at least have the camera ready!!! lol

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey honey I will put one of those lights on your handle bars. I have one in my tool box but dont get mad it is stays on all the time. the directions say to just wire into a 12 volt constant lol. do you want that light in blue or pink to match your sled lol.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
trying to build a recovery sled to put it to work around here in Sicamous. I need to buy a twin track, a 5000 pound gas winch, 1000 feet of sythitic rope, straps, skimmer, ect........

I want 2 money trees! the first one will die before I get the money since my "hydrophonics" suck. but the second one should produce something lol. anyone have a money tree that is in bloom to drop on my door? lol

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fuel injected brake lines would be nice! And fill your track with nitrogen so it runs cooler and less chance of leaking.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the local polaris shop phoned me and said my light weight headlight fluid is on back order! I guess BRP has bought all the world wide supply! I heard Polaris is looking in to simmilar type fluid but a little bit heavier but defuses the light 200-300% better. hear it comes in different color temps from 4500K to 12 000K. they are even playing with a 3000K which makes the snow glow yellow at night. I just want a 6000K pure white. now do they have to add headlight heaters so the fluid doesnt freeze? heard the lighter they make the fluid the easier it freezes!

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about hollow skis filled with helium? At least the sled can float out of the trenches.;):d:beer:

my 900 has helium under the hood. I filled it up last time I opened the hood! might have to check it soon since I have been getting stuck again. it is time to change the helium in my air box before I get out to MM III in a few weeks. oh that reminds me that I have to rebuild my tree repeller to counter react with my tree magnet. something is not set up right because a tree was up rooted in my yard and the sled was in a sea can. I was trying to figure where the tree came from but makes sence now lol. I have to lean out the tree magnet and fattin up the repeller! going to put a dial-O-jet on it since the new BD fuel controler still has no settings to adjust this. I guess they dont want to get into this not so user friendly adjustment lol.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
battery was dead for my tractor so I found a black and a red current bush. I just hooked a set of jumper cables to them. you 4 stroke guys have problems finding those since they dont like to grow in the alpine. I heard the yamaha dealerships carry dye-lithium crystals (spelling?) but I heard you have to get Scotty on the star ship enterprize to charge them up for you and it is not cost affective lol.

Hefe04

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My flux capacitor went a couple weeks ago, hard to find and pricy little buggers too. Had to rip back to 1955 to get one.

Hefe04

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought I might pick up myself a nice set of Booby bars so maybe I could hang on better.

bigdaddy35

Reaction score
a gonad increaser for those moments of indecision or hesitation...

and an unfubarator for those moments right after the gonad increaser worked just a little too well.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I was going to recommend that track stretcher BUT do not I repeat NOT use it .I tried and all the Helium leaked out of the little hole the clamps on my stretcher made.lol

thanks for the good info! where you trying to stretch a 121 to a 174? or were you just doing a 136-144? wonder if you could get away with a few inches? I took out the helium in my track and replaced it with nitrogen for a longer tread life (so the shop told me) if you use that seal leak stuff could you use the stretcher? if you stretch the track I guess you need to also stretch the drive wheels or the pitch wont match the track. going to have to buy.....track stretcher at $200, a drive sprocket stretcher at $250 (that is a E-bay price), tube of seal leak at $20, replace the nitrogen at $100 replace the shrader valve on the track (been told these are really hard to find, only the smart shops like backus racing down the road can get them, and they want your first born child and then some lol) they are around $200 from backus racing so the price is up there if you factor in you also need to find a rail extention tool but they rent those every where. is it worth finding a used track for $3-400 and wonder if it has been stretched? this cold be a very long topic lol.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the good info! where you trying to stretch a 121 to a 174? or were you just doing a 136-144? wonder if you could get away with a few inches? I took out the helium in my track and replaced it with nitrogen for a longer tread life (so the shop told me) if you use that seal leak stuff could you use the stretcher? if you stretch the track I guess you need to also stretch the drive wheels or the pitch wont match the track. going to have to buy.....track stretcher at $200, a drive sprocket stretcher at $250 (that is a E-bay price), tube of seal leak at $20, replace the nitrogen at $100 replace the shrader valve on the track (been told these are really hard to find, only the smart shops like backus racing down the road can get them, and they want your first born child and then some lol) they are around $200 from backus racing so the price is up there if you factor in you also need to find a rail extention tool but they rent those every where. is it worth finding a used track for $3-400 and wonder if it has been stretched? this cold be a very long topic lol.

a calf puller works as a good stand in and no holes needed

Top Bottom