Muffpot mounting

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK, so this might sound silly to some but we all know nothing beats a warm meal. I've been thinking about mounting a muffpot on my semi so I can enjoy better food then a cold ham sandwich.

My question is how important is it to mount a muffpot horizontal? Reason I ask is on my N14 Cummins engine right after the turbo is my pyrometer and shortly after that the pipe drops down vertically. At first I figured I'd just rotate the pipe that the pyrometer is in so I have a nice place to mount.......wrong. The vertical piece is welded to it so there is no rotating. Kinda curious if anybody else has ever done something like this to their semi. If so some help or pics would be nice. Like I say, I'm not sure how important it is to mount it level or if I could mount it to the side of the pipe.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha well I thought I was crazy when I did this but glad to see I'm not crazy, I mounted mine after the second turbo on my accert and it just burnt the crap out of anything I tried so ended up putting it just before the 90° in the stack under the cab and it actually worked like a hot dam literally, plus it's perfectly level

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Hey Zeebers, lots of guys mount them vertical. It depends on what you want to heat up or cook. They have plastic oven bags for a muff-pot, but you may have to really look around for them, that will contain all the juices/sauces from the messy stuff. Even my lemon garlic shrimp have water in the tray when they are done, so in most ways horizontal is best. But as I say, lots of guys use the oven bags.

IMHO, horizontal is best but there should be lots of ideas that come forth.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use oven bags, but mine was level. But with the bags it wouldn't matter which way u mount it. Imo

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha well I thought I was crazy when I did this but glad to see I'm not crazy, I mounted mine after the second turbo on my accert and it just burnt the crap out of anything I tried so ended up putting it just before the 90° in the stack under the cab and it actually worked like a hot dam literally, plus it's perfectly level

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I'm afraid I'll have to mount under the cab because it's a Pete 379 and the pipes are more like on the ground vs under the cab!

Sent using Tapatalk HD

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's the actual dimensions of the pot?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They work awesome. Have a couple of them for in the boat or whatever.
Latch's suck on older ones. Keep breaking. Hope the one in the add is the updated one.

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep the new ones have a different latch.

I like soup for lunch, found some stubby pint canning jars for homemade soups.

I keep cans of Campbell's chunky soup in the truck for those unexpected long days.

Top Bottom