MTNTK drop in kit

SCRUBZ

Reaction score

Just wondering if anyone has any experience installing this kit. We were putting one together yesterday and the dowel pins they supplied don't seem to be long enough to make it through both gaskets, cylinder shim and have enough there for the cylinders to be centered. As there was only about 1mm of dowel coming through the shim and gasket.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Just wondering if anyone has any experience installing this kit. We were putting one together yesterday and the dowel pins they supplied don't seem to be long enough to make it through both gaskets, cylinder shim and have enough there for the cylinders to be centered. As there was only about 1mm of dowel coming through the shim and gasket.

Even when the dowel pins are all the way in there is still some left sticking out, as you suck up the bolts more of the pin will be exposed.

SCRUBZ

Reaction score
Just seems a little bit short. The gasket barely stays in place.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It will be ok, see the bump on the top gasket that will be flat after its tightened same with the bottom one. That's like 4 to 5 mm. If your worried pull the pin out a bit.

SCRUBZ

Reaction score
Just talked to my buddy and I guess he over looked checking the gaps :frusty: thank god he did not get it all back together. The cylinder was torqued though should the base gaskets be replaced???

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Excited to see the difference, ill be doing mine here soon as well. Just picked a kit up today, thx chrisco.

SCRUBZ

Reaction score
Gonna slid the cylinders back off to be certain... Any thoughts on reusing these base gaskets... They were both brand new???

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Gaskets will be fine to re use. I installed this kit last year and yes I had to gap the rings but one other thing is that is is very important to heat cycle these pistons at least 3 or 4 times in the garage and then you should take at least a full tank of gas to break these in properly, no wide open throttle etc because they are a tighter fit and you will reap the rewards. It was testing my patience but I had a strong running motor under boost all last season (1600 kms) and I will run them again this season before I even think about looking at the pistons again.

SCRUBZ

Reaction score
I think it was 970$ call Chris at parkland motorsports 1 (780) 963-0080 great service!!

SCRUBZ

Reaction score
I don't think so... Got different springs and derlin washers as Chris suggested but I'm also running a 3 inch so you would have to talk to him on that?

Top Bottom