Mtntk drop in kit DET CODES

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just installed the drop in kit and im getting all sorts of det codes when i get on the gas down at elevation in spruce grove, was told it should work fine at this elevation,
Will it clean up up top?
Should i add some race gas?
Ive got it on the eth setting and have premium 94 right now, gonna stop and get some shell tho.

Any insight would be nice, supposed to be riding tomorro.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cause you are using mountain weights when they should be switched out to the proper weight for this elevation. Takes about 5 mins to do.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cause you are using mountain weights when they should be switched out to the proper weight for this elevation. Takes about 5 mins to do.

So ur thinkn wen i get to 6500' plus all will be good?

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What does this drop in kit consist of? Does it have an aftermarket head or stock head?

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine did this locally in Edmonton with mountains weights one time. I changed to proper weights and haven't had a problem.

If you have an after market head or anything that changed the compression you might need high octane fuel.. But I think that kit keeps the stock compression ratio.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya im not overly concerned with it running strong in AB, live there but dont ride there, altho i hope the lower elevation is the issue.
Picked up some c111 in edson today at a raaatarde price of $5 a litre.
Guess ill find out tomorro wen i get to the alpine

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran like a top. Still couldnt get where the t3 174 was goin tho

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those t3's can get you into places you don't want to be :)

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeees but not exactly apples to apples.
But doo put together a pretty deadly mtn slayer.
The line i do and am all proud thinkn im some sorta pro, i follow it up on the t3 and its literally childs play.
Poo and cat got their hands full too answer back

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And thx to the guys that pm'd me.

Kit was advertised pump gas, mmmm thinkn no

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You cant blame anything on the kit when you arent running the proper weights for the elevation. Weights make a big difference, hence why they have different ones.

Sounds like you need to pony up and buy some adjustables.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And thx to the guys that pm'd me.

Kit was advertised pump gas, mmmm thinkn no

The kit will run on pump gas all day long, It was designed to. You just did not load it enough at home (big difference) I run there full mod kit at home with no problems with 74 gram weights. If I leave 64 in it will hit det. You cannot run a pro at home with 62 grams.....load it with 70's and the det will be gone. If your mixing to much race fuel you are hurting performance. Heads up Villeneuve air port 1.60 pr liter AV gas all you would need maybe 2 liters if any at all.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The kit will run on pump gas all day long, It was designed to. You just did not load it enough at home (big difference) I run there full mod kit at home with no problems with 74 gram weights. If I leave 64 in it will hit det. You cannot run a pro at home with 62 grams.....load it with 70's and the det will be gone. If your mixing to much race fuel you are hurting performance. Heads up Villeneuve air port 1.60 pr liter AV gas all you would need maybe 2 liters if any at all.

70s for around Edmonton? I'm running 66 I think, too light still? I think it grans around 4100rpm.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Edit, running 69.5 in the above and revving 8250-8300

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am fighting to dial my pro in right now. I have a set of msd adjustables in there loaded to the max (69.9 g's on my scale) and I am still hitting 8450/8500 and still getting det @ 2400'

my pro has: porting, head, timing key, intake, pipe, and controller. She pulls hard till she falls on her face lol.

Top Bottom