Mountain Sled Geometry

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can turn my phone on its side and the keypad will adjust and right itself so I can post on here. I have never tried to sidehill my phone but you keyboard jockeys sure do a lot of talking.

Is there no snow out there?

Ride the sled that best suits your needs. If riding on one ski in the prairies is what proves you can ride on edge in technical terrain then I expect to see a lot more trenches in the worst creeks and crap holes ever next winter.

:rolleyes:

sent from a top secret location

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i see by this pic that the SKI-DOO has more of an area you can stand on with keeping the sled balanced. meaning ease of ride.

It seems with the rider position further ahead than the other 2 and the skid pivot point and the axle further back, they probably did this to allow for the 2 up seats, like most trail sled designs.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call it geometry, physics, whatever you want. At the end of the day a Pro can sit on it's edge, on it's own. In fact, it will even 'sway' side to side an inch or two depending how much fuel is in the tank.
View attachment 151913

For the life of me, I can not get my XP, with or with out the s-36 to do this. I could not get my '10 Nytro to do this even after the z-broz front end was installed. And although I do not have access to an XM, I'm willing to bet they can't do this either.

I can do this with my beer can when it's at the amount of beer in it! I have to agree it's a cool picture but doesnt prove much.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
skinz always makes good produucts but man if you cand sidehill or hold a sidehill on an XP or XM...........maybe a polaris is for you. its really simple. you just need to be positioned correctly

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
an xm can certainly do this nooo problem. theres eveen a few photos kicking around here. but even so....what is that really proving besides a unique photo....nothing.
It proves you are out on the farm with time on your hands and no mountains to ride in

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know Sean the problem with most that say an XP is An XP is An XP IS an XM is that most of them haven't stepped on one since 08/09. And say they haven't changed a thing on them. What they don't realize is that riding an 08 XP compared to a 12 Xp or even more drastic an XM is like the difference in riding an XLT and a Pro. Bottom line is brand loyal sledders will never give the other brand any credit no matter how much banter goes on back and forth. I have had more Pro riders ride my XM's and go "WHOA THAT THING IS AMAZING….NOT LIKE ANY OTHER DOO I HAVE RIDDEN" Than I have had Doo riders say when they step on my Pro. Im sure that Polaris and Cat have something amazing in the works too and this is what drives our sport forward. They are all good and honestly none of them are Junk like a lot of people claim.

skinz always makes good produucts but man if you cand sidehill or hold a sidehill on an XP or XM...........maybe a polaris is for you. its really simple. you just need to be positioned correctly

Last edited:

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did the RAS 2 Suspension move the spindles forward any?

Attachments

• T3.jpg
    T3.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 141
Top Bottom