Mountain Mania Friday Ride

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that is the cabin at McMurdo............... the 2nd or 3rd last switchback b4 the trees into Silent. it;s an awsum little cabin that you can stay in once you book it. fully stocked with wood,cooking utensils,etc. it will sleep 4 or 5 comfortably!!!! depends how many in a bed i guess!!!! LOL

RN

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Ya, Okay, Yuck It Up, S&m'ers......lol.... Actually I Was The First Big Truck Up That Night, And Was Driving Up The Driveway Normally, Not Thinking There Was Gonna Be Ice Under The Fresh Snow, And Made The First 90* Turn To The Left And Was Heading Up To Norbert's New Road In Behind The 1st Cabins, And Got About 30yards Up The Second Straightaway(all While Driving Normally) And Suddenly My Wheels Broke Loose And Started Spinning. I Hit The Brakes And Stopped And Then The Truck/trailer Started Sliding Backwards. Very Freaky Feeling, And It Started To Pick Up Speed. I Tried Giving It Gas, But That Seemed To Make It Even Worse.... I Locked On The Brakes And Helplessly Let The Abs Work And Steered The Rig Backwards(watching The Trailer Want To Jack Knife), And Finally Stopped At The Top Of The 90* Corner, I Then Jacknifed And Made It Out Of There And Back To The Bottom And Turned Around Farther Down The Road And Then Locked Her Into 4lo And Took A Run The Second Time. Made It Right Up To The Upper Road And Tried To Turn That 90* Corner, But Got Hung Up On A Snow Bank On The Right Side. That Caused The Truck To Pull Over To The Side And Stuck Again. Sledderglen And His Chevvy(Much To My Displeasure -- lol) Tried Many Times To Pull Us Up The Rest Of The Way, But To No Avail... The Trailer Was Hung Up On The Corner Where There Was About A 2ft Dirt Berm/bench Right On The Corner. LOCOCOIN Hooked Up His Ford(Much To My Displeasure Again -- lol) To The Chev To The Big Dodge And After Much Pulling/trying/crying, We Eventually Got'rdone. One Of The Few Occasions Where The "big 3" Played Well Together..... And Yes We Were All Thinkin' About Corb Lunds' Song The Chev Got Stuck And The Dodge Got Stuck And The Ford Got Stuck Song!!!! I Now Have A Wiring Problem To The Back Right Park Lites, And Wiring Is Hanging Down Under The Trailer. Then The Fun Began With Ron's Truck Too. But That's Another Story, I Think Ron Can Tell..... Will Post Pics Later. Twas An Awesome Trip, Especially Yesterday In The Sun(no Clouds!!!) Up In Gorman/lang..... Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good story just gald it was you and not me...lol. Was there any body damage to the trailer? Glad to hear you had a great ride maybe next I'll make it.:D

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Here is a photo of the Chev hooking onto the Dodge to attempt tthe first pulls.

Attachments

• IMG_8962_1_1.jpg
    IMG_8962_1_1.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 70
Top Bottom