Mountain Mania 7 - January 25, 2014

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Let's see .... We had no problems at Chatter on Friday, everything was awesome.
Sat was more interesting having to leave a sled way back in Silver Mines, having a sled ghost ride into what should have been a "very bad" ending but instead getting saved by a tree at the waterfall. Then on the way out, again at he waterfall, having another member of the ride doing the same thing, arriving at the banquet 1.5 hours late - being the emcee in told that is in bad taste - still in all my riding gear, heading to the bar after the banquet (probably not my smartest call) and having a great time....maybe even a better time at 7-11 after....lol.
Riding quartz Sunday and losing a rider near the end if the day....and it was all a misunderstanding....lol

Thanks to everyone who attended. Thanks to Ron for continuing the Mountain Mania tradition, for Lisa for being his support, Tyler for fill'n in as emcee in my absence, to Kevin & Murray for babysitting our crew, the peeps who helped with the search and rescue on Sunday even though the missing member ( not wanting to name CRAIG) knew exactly where he was (and promises to purchase radios) and mostly to the nearly 200 peeps that make this annual event worth while holding, without you there is nothing.
My son claims it was his best birthday weekend in years. Happy 24th there young man.

Sent from my phone ---- is anyone listening ?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
although filled with ups and downs, saturday was a great day up silvermines...a lot of hard work went into getting everyone up there. Glad we got to meet and ride with everyone on saturday - and thanks for helping rescue robyn from her sled steam rolling her :)
no problem.... Just glad craig and i caught her in time.... How's her left knee? I bet she's a hurtin' lady right now? Was great to ride with you and robyn...... We'll doo it again, i'm sure :)

BirdieO

Reaction score
I can't thank you and Craig enough for getting me out of my 'situation' Ric...was about to get very ugly!! Leg is feeling better today, mobility coming back already, arm is pretty nasty still (didn't even feel that until Saturday night! LOL)..Lessons learned for sure! Was a great day with all of you guys...we definitely need to do it again :)

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a great time thanks to Murray for showing us silver mines
And thanks to Ron and Lyle showing us around quartz creek
And two thumbs to Ron for the party!

Sent from my iPhone using

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Q
Wow is that some bad snow the Brandon

U should have seen what pow we found

Was awsome

sent while I should be drinking tea's
I think for most of us it was more than just about the snow, I think it would have been a great weekend even if it was gravel.The supper, the party, the socializing , The fire outside the hotel,of course the 7/11 and the Riverfront bar.......Priceless. Got to ride bluebird skies and warm temps. The weekend and mm was a hit for sure and once again...Thanks For making it happen Ron !

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Q
I think for most of us it was more than just about the snow, I think it would have been a great weekend even if it was gravel.The supper, the party, the socializing , The fire outside the hotel,of course the 7/11 and the Riverfront bar.......Priceless. Got to ride bluebird skies and warm temps. The weekend and mm was a hit for sure and once again...Thanks For making it happen Ron !

That's what it's all about for me.... I can go sledding any weekend. This event is the time to meet some new people, see some old friends and acquaintances, have a lot of laughs, some drinks, and a helluva good time

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow is that some bad snow the Brandon

U should have seen what pow we found

Was awsome

HAH... What a pile of crap.... I spent 3 days out in revy/sicamous. That is ****ty ass snow right now, hard as rock and thought it was April.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HAH... What a pile of crap.... I spent 3 days out in revy/sicamous. That is ****ty ass snow right now, hard as rock and thought it was April.

U ask Brandon

Also pretty sure I can find untracked snow, up the owlshead trail, before the cabin

It's in zip ur lip creek

Yes over top of Morton, skinny ect was weird snow and hard as rock

But the north side of the cabin, even blue lake had snow

Last edited:
Top Bottom