more oil talk from rusty. (yah i get the pun)

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Which oil brand is everyone using. i understand that royal purple is making a two stroke oil. Also what is blue marble like. And of course amsoil

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which oil brand is everyone using. i understand that royal purple is making a two stroke oil. Also what is blue marble like. And of course amsoil

Incase Brother A/C is reading this you forgot to add." I only burn A/C SYN/ APV in my new 08 sled , just curious about what others are doing"

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
oh right...............i forgot. Actually I have been right up until this past weekend. Just checking my options.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh right...............i forgot. Actually I have been right up until this past weekend. Just checking my options.

That's all we run are you having problems with it other than the price?

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
no just wondering. I had a gallon of the shell oil and decided to use it but i will likely go back to the apv. the smell of the shell oil is awfull

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I perfer Amsoil Interceptor, Its priced reasonable, Full synthethic, Low odor and smoke, I got lots of it :D, and it exceeds all your sled manufactures recomondations. I ran one case of the Domanator in my sled and found it smokes more and has more odor, but it doesn't help when the oil pump is turned up a little extra on your sled either. Im using 1/2 tank per tank of fuel :eek:, thats a little much. Well next year I wont have that problem, 4 stroke baby!!:D

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I perfer Amsoil Interceptor, Its priced reasonable, Full synthethic, Low odor and smoke, I got lots of it :D, and it exceeds all your sled manufactures recomondations. I ran one case of the Domanator in my sled and found it smokes more and has more odor, but it doesn't help when the oil pump is turned up a little extra on your sled either. Im using 1/2 tank per tank of fuel :eek:, thats a little much. Well next year I wont have that problem, 4 stroke baby!!:D

4 STROKE TUUUURRRRRRBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOO BABY
BOOOYAAAAAAAH.
fixed it for ya

1hotxc

Reaction score
I used Blue Marble in my wifes 99 summit and it gummed up the exhaust valves 2 years in a roww. Switched back to expensive Doo oil and no problems.

Last edited:

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have run Klotz oil in all my sleds. I did run Amsoil in my 800 Escape, but I found a Klotz dealer in Calgary that is great to deal with; so I went back to Klotz this season.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run Amsoil Interceptor in 3 sleds... 04 summit 800, 04 F7, 03 mountaincat 900......... never had a problem with it

Top Bottom