More Avy's

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not sledders so it doesn't stay on the news too long. Too many sled climbing more than one at a time, and also watching in runout zone.:nono:

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The news dummies at Global and CBC can't even get the story right with skiers. They said they were caught in a slide while "heli-skiing" when in reality they had ski-toured from a cabin that day. The only day that heli's were to be involved were to drop them off at the cabin and pick them up a week later.

Let me add: my condolences to the families as well. I hate to hear these things happening to anyone.

Last edited:

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4hcBVagtiA[/media]

That was barely a slide. That was just a terrible job of slough management. And I think the cameraman was in a pretty safe spot and not in a runout zone. It looks to me like he is up on a little ridge. Anyway that was more an example of crappy skiing than an avalanche.

But with all this new snow in the back country in the Kootenays I would be very careful out there this weekend. I will be riding cut blocks all weekend. I hope everyone on this forum stays off the big hills because they are going to want to come down. There will be an honest 2 -3 feet of fluff up high.

Top Bottom