Monster bowl

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome climbs Chad!!!! Super stoked for you. I think the 90 is the scariest, more consequence than the Monster.
Frenchy did the Monster on Angel's 800 159" I believe as well. There was a 1000 that went up it too, can't remember who, Irman maybe? Those are the only stock pulls I know of.

Destroyer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Thanks! Pretty sure Angels rev was an 860. Either way that sled would be harder to get up the monster than a stock 154 doo. He did the spine on a tss turboed doo. That might never be done again!

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope, it was stock lol. He climbed it on his 860 as well. But I have been wrong once or twice haha

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For those of you who maybe haven't been around as long, Dave Knight climbed the Monster on a bone stock (+ can) 800 Rev about 10 yrs ago. It is doable but time of year plays a huge part in attempting these climbs, its "easier" as things firm up, but expect the consequences to be much greater if you roll it out the bottom.....

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd like to know what these guys are smokin or drinkin to build up the courage to point any sled up these chutes, ESPECIALLY stock sleds. I played eye of the tiger on my iPhone as I ran around my sled at the bottom of the 90 and still couldn't bring myself to trying it hahahahahahaha jkjk.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 407

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I climbed turbo in 1995 with my stock vmax 800. Had a 2" x 136" rubber paddled track. Does that count for anything? I should add it was June 4! :)

bigfish

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stopped at the top of monster on sat with the boost it boys & snow was really deep in there +the cornice is huge now not allot of exit room at top.there was no track anywhere back there vis was bad to get up top on sat,it was fairly late as were doing demos all day so nobody was interested in trying.

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stopped at the top of monster on sat with the boost it boys & snow was really deep in there +the cornice is huge now not allot of exit room at top.there was no track anywhere back there vis was bad to get up top on sat,it was fairly late as were doing demos all day so nobody was interested in trying.

Thanks for the update

Frenchie

Reaction score
Nope, it was stock lol. He climbed it on his 860 as well. But I have been wrong once or twice haha

You are correct sir, it was stock but it did have a 150x2.5 Camo w/can! I must say that climb was one of my biggest adrenaline rush experienced to date (precede that with the Spine & the Pirate of course). I barely scratched out of there that day, and worst yet my hand grip was giving out in the last few [but very long] seconds!

The fun thing about the Monster is it's never the same. I've done it a few times now and it's been different every single time. It can go from nice and smooth with good traction all the way up, to the nastiest hillclimb kicking you right and left from bottom to top. And what makes it even more fun is you don't get to pick! ...Or I guess one can always pick if he/she is really patient!

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are correct sir, it was stock but it did have a 150x2.5 Camo w/can! I must say that climb was one of my biggest adrenaline rush experienced to date (precede that with the Spine & the Pirate of course). I barely scratched out of there that day, and worst yet my hand grip was giving out in the last few [but very long] seconds!

The fun thing about the Monster is it's never the same. I've done it a few times now and it's been different every single time. It can go from nice and smooth with good traction all the way up, to the nastiest hillclimb kicking you right and left from bottom to top. And what makes it even more fun is you don't get to pick! ...Or I guess one can always pick if he/she is really patient!

After seeing the spine I can't wait to see the pirate lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Checked out the top of monster today, the cornice is still big and there is a lot of snow in there. So we decided to go try the airport chutes to see what kind of track speed we could carry up the shoot. I went up first and barely made it over the top..was way deeper then I thought it was. Then my buddy went up on his nytro and barely made it over. It was too deep for my liking to try anymore chutes. I guess I'll have to wait till next year to try monster.

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Checked out the top of monster today, the cornice is still big and there is a lot of snow in there. So we decided to go try the airport chutes to see what kind of track speed we could carry up the shoot. I went up first and barely made it over the top..was way deeper then I thought it was. Then my buddy went up on his nytro and barely made it over. It was too deep for my liking to try anymore chutes. I guess I'll have to wait till next year to try monster.

Whatcha ridin? Yamafest on the 12th should be pretty interesting then if it keeps snowin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1200 turbo doo

Was that you i saw in the bullpen on Friday? I was on the TSS XM.

It's definitely still deep out there. I just barely made it up the 1st airport chute on Saturday. A couple of guys got stuck in the second one so i never tried it.
Should make for some good late season riding as long as the weather stays mild.

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was that you i saw in the bullpen on Friday? I was on the TSS XM.

It's definitely still deep out there. I just barely made it up the 1st airport chute on Saturday. A couple of guys got stuck in the second one so i never tried it.
Should make for some good late season riding as long as the weather stays mild.

Ya I think it was, I was on the black n white 1200. I wanted to try the second shoot as well until I barely made it up the second one. We couldn't even tell u guys did the shoot yesturday when we did it, it snowed a lot since Saturday I think. Was deff a good pull out that's for sure.

Top Bottom