Mice!

mountainbigbull

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK every winter and fall I get mice in my attached garage. I live next to a field and I think they come from there. I do end up getting them out with what is tried and proven: mouse traps. I have those glue pads, one got move around so I guess he got away. I have also those sonic deals that are supposed to scare them away but my son (8) spotted one this morning in the garage describing the critter is a fat one.

Does anyway have a good way to keep mice out for good? I can't get a cat because I'm allergic to them.

I was thinking those wind up box deals but i have seen mice run right through those things?

Is there any good ways other then setting up my annual trap line for these little sob's?

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK every winter and fall I get mice in my attached garage. I live next to a field and I think they come from there. I do end up getting them out with what is tried and proven: mouse traps. I have those glue pads, one got move around so I guess he got away. I have also those sonic deals that are supposed to scare them away but my son (8) spotted one this morning in the garage describing the critter is a fat one.

Does anyway have a good way to keep mice out for good? I can't get a cat because I'm allergic to them.

I was thinking those wind up box deals but i have seen mice run right through those things?

Is there any good ways other then setting up my annual trap line for these little sob's?

use the box trap that the get in and dont get out, posion, helps, course you could get a cat........

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mothballs

Place mothballs around the area, they hate mothballs.

I put them around the tires of my RV when its parked for winter, and around the outside of the garage, it seems to work. And they are cheap, so use lots

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fabric softener sheets work well to keep them out...Plus they don't smell like mothballs.

mountainbigbull

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFdfoYhGJj8[/YOUTUBE]

Anyone try this thing? Love the shock and drop idea.

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try the little electronic repellors from CTire. Pkg of 4 for $20. We use them through summer in the trailer at our seasonal lot and never a mouse.
Never actually traped one mind you and turned him loose in there to see if it would run away, but if you know that you have them nesting, it's worth a shot.

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought an old trailer once that had cut up bars of Irish Spring soap all over the place. Never had any mouse damage so I left them in there, had the trailer three years and never seen a mouse or signs of a mouse seemed to work.

mountainbigbull

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just placed 4 bounce sheets in the four corners of the garage. I have heard of that but was unsure if it really worked. Can't hurt.

In the previous years I only had one or two, but I just seems every winter I have to be on guard and watch for them.

One time I opened the door from the house into the garage and came face to face with one. Are eyes locked on each other. Then he made the first move and ran into a box I had with some things in it. I grabbed the box and ran out to the driveway. Slowly removing the items, until I got down to last one, then I realized I was unarmed to combat this guy. So I ran into the garage and grab a goalie stick. I removed the last thing. Then this critter runs toward the garage so I flip him up on the lawn with the the goalie stick, then I Wayne Gretzky him out to the street. That was the kill shot..:)

Then I looked around to see if anyone witness this ordeal, nope! :beer:

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some people told me to soak cotton balls with peppermint. They say mice dont like peppermint, and it makes your place smell alright. Can use spearmint as well. Not sure if it works.
I have a BIG problem with mice in my place right now as well. I have traps, not getting them. I have poison, gets a few but if you dont find them right away....WOW.. the STINK is unbarable. I hear moth balls work, but they stink.
I have also tried the electronic sonar things, after a month, they started clicking, pretty loudly, so they were tossed. Paid $40 each, what a rip off.
I have 2 dogs in my place so I need something safe. I didnt like using the poison just for that reason but nothing is working for me either.
:confused:

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This guy missed his calling,....

"......and came face to face with one. Are eyes locked on each other. Then he made the first move,....."

I was not sure if it was a mouse tale, or a romance novel.

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought an old trailer once that had cut up bars of Irish Spring soap all over the place. Never had any mouse damage so I left them in there, had the trailer three years and never seen a mouse or signs of a mouse seemed to work.

I think you must be lucky, or our Irish Spring soap was junk. Wife put some all over the camper, little SOB's were actually chewing on it. I saw little teeth marks on every single piece. I know it wasn't the kids. lol.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you must be lucky, or our Irish Spring soap was junk. Wife put some all over the camper, little SOB's were actually chewing on it. I saw little teeth marks on every single piece. I know it wasn't the kids. lol.

oh!!! those must be b c mice (RATS)......LOL

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The biggest thing is how are they getting in there in the first place? Is the weatherstripping tight on your door? Use to have problems in the garage, but got the doors sealed really well, been a few years since had any really. Not really sure why though, the door is always left open. But haven't heard or seen any in years.....

Nadz

Reaction score

I got 2 cats on a farm. The only sign of a mouse that I see in the yard, is when Turbo (the cat) is munching on one.

UltraLiteTriple

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use a poison called "barbait" it kills them aswell as drying them up so the dont stink works well use lots so they take it back to feed the nest. Rob

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
The Natural Born Killer....

I see that your allergic to cats but there are things you can do for this and still keep an outside Kitty. Just make sure you feed it well and shoot the odd paintball at it once in awhile for training purposes to keep it at a distance from you :eek:

Just kidding of course ... sling shot works better.... less mess

Attachments

• P1010008.jpg
    P1010008.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 82
Top Bottom