Mice!

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just placed 4 bounce sheets in the four corners of the garage. I have heard of that but was unsure if it really worked. Can't hurt.

In the previous years I only had one or two, but I just seems every winter I have to be on guard and watch for them.

One time I opened the door from the house into the garage and came face to face with one. Are eyes locked on each other. Then he made the first move and ran into a box I had with some things in it. I grabbed the box and ran out to the driveway. Slowly removing the items, until I got down to last one, then I realized I was unarmed to combat this guy. So I ran into the garage and grab a goalie stick. I removed the last thing. Then this critter runs toward the garage so I flip him up on the lawn with the the goalie stick, then I Wayne Gretzky him out to the street. That was the kill shot..:)

Then I looked around to see if anyone witness this ordeal, nope! :beer:

sounds like you were fighting a bear not a mouse lol

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you must be lucky, or our Irish Spring soap was junk. Wife put some all over the camper, little SOB's were actually chewing on it. I saw little teeth marks on every single piece. I know it wasn't the kids. lol.

I always wondered if it actually worked, I've never used it since and only had problems once in my current fifth wheel. Those little bastards are wizards at survival.

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
OK every winter and fall I get mice in my attached garage. I live next to a field and I think they come from there. I do end up getting them out with what is tried and proven: mouse traps. I have those glue pads, one got move around so I guess he got away. I have also those sonic deals that are supposed to scare them away but my son (8) spotted one this morning in the garage describing the critter is a fat one.

Does anyway have a good way to keep mice out for good? I can't get a cat because I'm allergic to them.

I was thinking those wind up box deals but i have seen mice run right through those things?

Is there any good ways other then setting up my annual trap line for these little sob's?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV9woxUshuA&feature=related[/media]

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
AH I FREAKIN HATE MICE!

Never had a mouse in my house.... until last year. It was fall time, Kevy was working on the basement, but happened to leave the door open all day. Somehow, the little bastages got into our pile of 2x4s. One day, several months later, I was cleaning house and out of the corner of my eye, saw my darling purebred kitten playing with something that did not look like a purchased toy. ... It was not a purchased toy. It was a dead baby mouse, or mole (I am not sure, as checking out rodents is not a past time of mine) and he was throwing it around the living room. Of course, I screamed like the chicken I am, and made Kevy clean it up....

We went and bought some "go in and can't come out" traps, and didn't catch a thing.

A few weeks later, Kevy and I were playing Scrabble in the living room. Bo came stalking in, and I knew something was up. All the sudden, he spits out this little baby mouse-mole and starts attacking it. Kevy and I were able to herd Bo and the mouse into the basement, where a solid half hour of torture ensued. After a short time, I couldn't take the squeeks, and demanded that Kev kill the poor thing. Which he did with a metal dust pan. :eek:

Unfortunately for me, that is not where my story ends. Sunday night a couple weeks ago, laying in bed. Just about to sleep when I hear "Squeek SQUEEEEEEEK". Bo was working on killing another....Had to wake Kevin to take care of the mouse-mole.

I wish you luck with your mouse problem!

powderpusher

Reaction score
use scented soap bars shredded around the doors and along wall edges as it deters them as they dont like the perfume and the lye in the soap

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
AH I FREAKIN HATE MICE!

Never had a mouse in my house.... until last year. It was fall time, Kevy was working on the basement, but happened to leave the door open all day. Somehow, the little bastages got into our pile of 2x4s. One day, several months later, I was cleaning house and out of the corner of my eye, saw my darling purebred kitten playing with something that did not look like a purchased toy. ... It was not a purchased toy. It was a dead baby mouse, or mole (I am not sure, as checking out rodents is not a past time of mine) and he was throwing it around the living room. Of course, I screamed like the chicken I am, and made Kevy clean it up....

We went and bought some "go in and can't come out" traps, and didn't catch a thing.

A few weeks later, Kevy and I were playing Scrabble in the living room. Bo came stalking in, and I knew something was up. All the sudden, he spits out this little baby mouse-mole and starts attacking it. Kevy and I were able to herd Bo and the mouse into the basement, where a solid half hour of torture ensued. After a short time, I couldn't take the squeeks, and demanded that Kev kill the poor thing. Which he did with a metal dust pan. :eek:

Unfortunately for me, that is not where my story ends. Sunday night a couple weeks ago, laying in bed. Just about to sleep when I hear "Squeek SQUEEEEEEEK". Bo was working on killing another....Had to wake Kevin to take care of the mouse-mole.

I wish you luck with your mouse problem!

Vole not mole

A vole is a small rodent resembling a mouse but with a stouter body, a shorter hairy tail, a slightly rounder head, smaller ears and eyes, and differently formed molars (high-crowned and with angular cusps instead of low-crowned and with rounded cusps). There are approximately 155 species of voles. They are sometimes known as meadow mice or field mice in North America. Vole species form the subfamily Arvicolinae with the lemmings and the muskrats.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your kid isn't missing a gerbil are they?:d:d

bahaha I think so,, I have never saw a redish light brown mouse,, thats a hampster lol.....

I had gophers dig n up my yard 2 years back,, tried evrything, from crazy pepper around the yard, poison was no option with the dog, big rat traps work well but the gophers live a while and its a slower death so I felt bad, but finally finished them off with spermint gum, I think after they eat it messes there guts up and they die or at least they dont come back and they seem to get sick beacause they dont even run away after eating the gum, u could come out and knock them with the shovel.. lil buggers fresh stick of gum in every whole,,,,

mountainbigbull

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bahaha I think so,, I have never saw a redish light brown mouse,, thats a hampster lol.....

OK now you guys have me friken googling mice vs hampster pics!!!!:eek:

Mouse:
oct_mouse_470x352.jpg

349851034_1aa944d8b1_b.jpg

with white underneath and brownish red fur on top.

Hamster:
20090313-today-hamster1.jpg

Hamster.jpg

And hamsters don't have long tails like mice do! LOL:rolleyes:
IMG_0972.jpg

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Vole not mole

A vole is a small rodent resembling a mouse but with a stouter body, a shorter hairy tail, a slightly rounder head, smaller ears and eyes, and differently formed molars (high-crowned and with angular cusps instead of low-crowned and with rounded cusps). There are approximately 155 species of voles. They are sometimes known as meadow mice or field mice in North America. Vole species form the subfamily Arvicolinae with the lemmings and the muskrats.

Vole, Mole...... you knew where i was going with that!

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the bro in law caught one in a pail and when he dumped it in the middle of the driveway for the dog to get..it ran straight up his pantleg..didnt know he knew how to dance,,man that was funny to watch..:d

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
too funny glad we have google,,,, but the colours do match,,,, good luck with them buggers,,,

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The best thing I've found is good ol' fashioned victor mouse traps. A good mouse is a dead mouse as far as I'm concerned. Full of diseases and destroying the house.

A couple of years ago while my folks were on vacation, the house got infested with the little bastages. I must have trapped 13 or 14 of them in a 3 or 4 day period. The best thing you can do is remove any food source before they settle in and start a family (worst case scenario). Poison does work to some effect but they can grow immune to it. The last few mice I've trapped ate the stuff like candy and they didn't skip a beat. In fact tonight, I caught one running under my bed... then later on feeding on the poison in another room. Ended up giving it a good whack with a nearby board and it was game over.

iamcanadian

Reaction score
I've heard Irish Spring works well... been using it in the trailer for 5 years now and not one mouse... I hate the little bastages

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get a metal 5 gallon pail with some grain or mice food at the bottom ( something they can't resist like peanut butter etc.) have a plank from the floor to top brim of the pale. The mice will climb the plank - drop in the metal pail and can't climb out . They can't claw there way to the top to get out and you will have all your mice in a pail . They tend to call others in the pail for the food. Put a lid on the pail and take the pail and do what you think is best at this point. The metal pail is safe for your pets and kids ( no toxic crap required either) . The key is that th pail has to have metal sides that are 18" high minimum ( can't jump out) and is clean ( no odor of oil or something that wlll turn the mice away). I couldn't find a metal pail ( everything is plastic these days ) so lined the inside of the pail with sheet metal sleeve Good luck

Top Bottom