Methanol purchase

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone in the field know where a person can find some methanol, Grade A or Grade AA.

Don't feel like paying the price VP Fuels wants...

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone in the field know where a person can find some methanol, Grade A or Grade AA.

Don't feel like paying the price VP Fuels wants...

Try Capital Pressure in Sundre. If your looking for a decent amount ( we used to get 200-400 gallons per year) they will deliver. They are a bulk dealer, so you will likely have to take some jerry cans with you to fill.
No idea what grade they carry..

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try oil and gas chemical suppliers, PureChem, Quadra Chemicals, ChampionX. Whether or not they will sell to a walk in customer is another matter entirely.

I have bought methanol in bulk before, I've paid as little as $0.50/liter (but this is tied to the price of natural gas so has certainly gone up). The problem is the risk of contamination is high, inhibitor, water etc. A sealed drum is likely your best bet. Greggs at one point sold drums of methanol, but not sure the purity. Another option would be AFD, they have their own methanol race fuel, not sure on pricing, but their leaded race fuel used to be cheaper than VP.

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gregg’s Distributors sells pails and barrels of 99.9% methyl hydrate (methanol). If you search for methyl hydrate you will find it all over, I use to buy it by the gallon at my local Home Hardware for turbo use.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was going to grab a pail for you but all the stuff out here now has 1% inhibitor in it. Probably don’t want that in your engine

The methanol used for injection won’t be what is needed for sure. Not pure enough in most cases and I would hazard a guess that most of it is inhibited these days or has other chemicals blended in for hydrated and such.

SFC will carry methanol for their EFOY fuel cells that is as pure or better than what VP sells, might try them for a jug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom