Met any one famous in your travels ???

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Met Theo Fleury a couple months ago at a starbucks in Calgary, he was driving around in a Ford Flex COVERED with his website address and other self promotion stuff.

Met Daryl Sutter at a funeral last spring, and met Brent at my brothers graduation couple years ago(his daughter is HOT!)

Met Dave Louwry at the Western Canadian open a couple years ago....if you consider 4th liners famous haha

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Met Theo Fleury a couple months ago at a starbucks in Calgary, he was driving around in a Ford Flex COVERED with his website address and other self promotion stuff.

Met Daryl Sutter at a funeral last spring, and met Brent at my brothers graduation couple years ago(his daughter is HOT!)

Met Dave Louwry at the Western Canadian open a couple years ago....if you consider 4th liners famous haha

Wow surprised someone would admit to meeting Theo Fleury!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I've met Cyle, yup its true, he was at Mountain Mania 2 in McBride, even have a photo.....

IMG_0017 (Medium).JPG

I've also met Maxwell, Plio7, Dale Daleug, The Many Numbers Clan, Bogger, and way too many more too list.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've met Cyle, yup its true, he was at Mountain Mania 2 in McBride, even have a photo.....

View attachment 119672

I've also met Maxwell, Plio7, Dale Daleug, The Many Numbers Clan, Bogger, and way too many more too list.

You Sir, win the internet with that post! Wow that was a while ago, hell I was riding a cat back then. What was I thinking........

Last edited:

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had the opportunity to meet a few famous people over the years

- Lindy Ruff is my wife's cousin. See him at family functions.
- Christina Onasis came to our house while living in Greece as she wanted my dad to manage her private island. Dad said no because my brother and I would have to take a boat to school every day :( ....... that was a long time ago
- while working in Vancouver, the office building had a awesome gym used only by the people who worked in the building. On weekends while offices were closed, a private company would brings celebrities to work out. My buddy and myself would go down there as I had an access key and met Richard Dryfuss and Rodney Dangerfield. We had a blast with them!
- did not meet them but was going thru customs in London Heathrow while the Spice Girls got to butt in and go ahead.
- sat as guest speaker with Uwe Krupp at a German trade show

Beaver

Reaction score
Rented Melisa Gilbert my house on the golf course for 6 weeks while she was filiming in Calgary,Rented Jackie Chan a fancy shack in Springbank when he was filiming in Calgary,Sold Paul Brandt the acerage they live in now,Met Anthony Hopkins and Alec Baldwin in Canmore At Tim Hortons,Bogger and Pilo from GABC? their a big deal ya know

SHIFTmx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My dad told me a story of him meeting the Queen. He was at the front of a crowd taking pictures when she was walking down the street and she stopped and told him his lens cap was still on. Haha

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My dad told me a story of him meeting the Queen. He was at the front of a crowd taking pictures when she was walking down the street and she stopped and told him his lens cap was still on. Haha
when I was in grade 4 my school class got to stand in line to meet the queen, she was here to open the newly named Queen Elizabeth Provincial Park. they did a lot of work out there, brand new buildings and big outhouses....the night before she came, someone spray painted "ch!t here Lizzie" on one of them.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Met Fergie from the Black-Eyed Peas at the Marriot hotel in Bucharest. We had just finished a medical mission in Romania, and as a treat we got to spend one night in a super-luxury hotel in Bucharest. Fergie was checking out as we checked in. We got to talking to her and such and she was asking about what we do etc., when one of the older nurses walks up and says "OH! Who is this? Did you guys run into one of your high school friends here?" So we explained that she was "Fergie, from the Black Eyed Peas" and the nurse says, "Oh I get it: she's from the south!!! How nice for y'all!" Fergie just smiled and winked. It was super cute :) MAAAAN! Is she short...

On that same medical mission we had the wife of the Governor of Kansas working with us. We never knew who she was until she sent us Christmas Cards in December; and, our mission co-ordinator every year is Elizabeth Alex, the news anchor from NBC Action News in Kansas City, Kansas.

I also met Julia Roberts, Tom Cruise, and Sally Jesse Raphael at Universal Studios in Florida. Talked to Paul Brandt on the phone once. And I saw Maxwell at the Edmonton Sled Show :)

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when I was in grade 4 my school class got to stand in line to meet the queen, she was here to open the newly named Queen Elizabeth Provincial Park. they did a lot of work out there, brand new buildings and big outhouses....the night before she came, someone spray painted "ch!t here Lizzie" on one of them.
How long did it take to get the paint off of your hands?

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of my old friends said he was on a plane with Peter Mansbridge,and said he was the biggest A hole
ever.He yelled at all of the staff one by one because they didnt have an available seat in 1'st class
for his wife or something like that.

Top Bottom