Mentally sketched to ride?

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HOLY, yes walk of shame and a hurting wallet. That is funny its on the same video, i think those are just clips of different years?
I think it’s the same year. Was in 2005. The sled was a 05 M7. I think your crash was after mine. We duct taped the pieces together and I left with my tail between my legs. My clip was on mountain mod mania 3 and thunderstruck 4.5. Have had many meals in Zalas and then on the tv there’s my crash for a gentle reminder.

Last edited:

Catrider16

Reaction score
Two years ago while riding in Salmon I crashed and broke the tibia plateau in my left knee in multiple pieces. Had surgery with a great surgeon. Two large plates and sixteen screws later holding it all together. Following many days of physio and continued training ever since so that I reduce any issues later in life and was very excited to get back riding again, stronger than ever.
The issue I have now is that i haven’t gone riding and I’m scared s&$@less to jump back on my sled. Well I really can’t figure out if I am scared or possibly I don’t trust myself or just not interested any longer. Which I can’t believe is the case!
A while back I spoke to a shrink about it and she figured I am just scared and not to worry about riding any longer. Well that’s not working out too good as I think of riding all the time and just can’t figure what’s going on in my head.

Im sure others have had this kind of mental issues and I would sure like to hear your thoughts on the issue. Need some real experience opinions. Thanks!

Not to divert the poster thread with the video i posted.
I can only speak as an observer as a friend of Lund as he went through month of therapy to recover from the crash he had. The video really doesn't show what happen to him, but he ended up being helicopter'ed out and spending a few day in hospital with serious back injuries.
It was a slow recovery but today he rides. Take it slow and ride with people you trust 100% and are willing to give you a hand, if you find it's too much step it down a notch.
I know from seeing Lund, getting back on the saddle was not an issue but getting back in the back country and doing small climbs as part of the ride to get to the other zone was a little intense at first for him and even today he ride much more conservative.
Every body is different and only you can make the steps, no body is judging, so ride in your comfort zone.

Catrider16

Reaction score
I think it’s the same year. Was in 2005. The sled was a 05 M7. I think your crash was after mine. We duct taped the pieces together and I left with my tail between my legs. My clip was on mountain mod mania 3 and thunderstruck 4.5. Have had many meals in Zalas and then on the tv there’s my crash for a gentle reminder.

Yes his crash was in March 2005

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to divert the poster thread with the video i posted.
I can only speak as an observer as a friend of Lund as he went through month of therapy to recover from the crash he had. The video really doesn't show what happen to him, but he ended up being helicopter'ed out and spending a few day in hospital with serious back injuries.
It was a slow recovery but today he rides. Take it slow and ride with people you trust 100% and are willing to give you a hand, if you find it's too much step it down a notch.
I know from seeing Lund, getting back on the saddle was not an issue but getting back in the back country and doing small climbs as part of the ride to get to the other zone was a little intense at first for him and even today he ride much more conservative.
Every body is different and only you can make the steps, no body is judging, so ride in your comfort zone.
Yep 100 %

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seeing it now, what's your thoughts???

Did you save it lol, you have been looking for it for so long now I would, as the saying goes, chicks dig scars

I saved it, KB hasn't seen it yet. She still at work, should be home soon.

My thought's, it doesn't bother me. I was just surprised.
It does make me think of the chute, why i hit it and a little annoyed at myself. Because I've pull that chute before. Just lost my zone i guess.

PS. i have sat at the bottom of that chute several times over the years and thought about it, but lost my nerve.
But i do the turbo hill chute every time i go there, so that's a small step forward lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom