memory lane rocky mountain snowmobile tour

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was just thinking about the old tours back in the 80's/90's that i think cycle works used to arrange a semi to haul the sleds and guys hopped on a charter bus to the hills. Any one take one of these trips back in the day? Any details on your adventure? Pictures of the setup?

Alberta Beach Doo

Reaction score
They did a few into BC but the best were down to West Yellowstone. Drinking. Partying. Some sledding too! Ed McDonald bought a semi to haul them. Then go back and buy a trailer load Polaris 500's that were rentals for the year and sell them out of Cycle Works. Personally now that I am Old and grey, I prefer the comfort of my crew cab and a few good buddies rather than the high school ski trip model. That was the reason Eddy and Don got out of it. The participants grew older and trucks and preferences changed so those trips becam less popular

justpinit

Reaction score
I can remember driving back & forth to work in Ft Mac from Kelowna back in the early '90's and seeing that rig & bus parked along the hwy on my way through Valemount. Looked like a lot of fun!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a blast but probably more partying than sledding.

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was thanks to Rocky Mountain sled tour that I made it to the mountains for the first time ever... and got completely hooked! Had grown up in Sask and thought I could ride a sled. How wrong I was! Great weekend in Revy on that trip with blue skies and my rental Polaris 500 RMK with a whopping 1/2" track on it. Got it all the way back to Turbo but it took 12 tries to get up the big hill to get out of there. Met some new good friends on that trip. Demoed a '93 Storm and couldn't believe it was a stock sled, promptly snow-checked a '94 Storm 800 and spent the next three years learning how to ride the tank! Good times...
!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I worked for ARS Trucking years ago and the owner still runs Rocky Mountain tours but does more seadoo tours. I always bugged him to sled more but said the interest wasn't there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I did a tour to Crowsnest Pass back in 1990. Party bus all the way down. Was a good time. get out of the bus walk over to your sled hop on and go. They had it all full of fuel and oil and away you went. Come back get off go into bus they parked it or watched over it all night.

fidorama

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.geocaching.com
I bet it was fun... I bought a new cat from cycle works back in 93. and I recall seeing the rig there many times. With fuel prices today you would think it would be a popular way to go to the hills. but? And what a bonus if they watched over everything overnight. that would be one less concern.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went on a tour to Revy in 91 and someone actually swiped the fuel out of the truck tanks for the sleds. It was nice not having to do the driving.

Top Bottom