MELT SNOW MELT!!! anyone else getting ANXIOUS!?!??!

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm coming home from work in T-4 days, hoping and praying all the snow is gone as my sled season sucked only made it to the mountains once and due to the general lack of snow in the area. I'm ready for it to be spring.... Just bought a 2012 YZ450F ccandy wait to hit the track and brule Braaaappppp!

wow nice bike... let me know what you think of it... a friend of mine is looking at the same bike...

I spent the winter getting my bike ready... new fat bars with the cr high bend... new vapour digital tac and a carb quick adjust screw...

also looking at air filter options cause i hate pulling and replacing my 450x's air filter never sure if it seated right... to my suprise when i went to check everything out yesterday... found mice stored seeds in my air filter box... no damage to air cleaner (door was open for battery tender) and bike wouldn't start... so i drained that... which was wierd as I added stabalizer to it. DOES anyknow if fuel stabalizer expirers?

After starting my bike, I had to show it off to my two year old boy... then the boss of all the cops drives buy my house and gave me "the look" so I put it away but can't wait to get out!

Maybe next winter I will look at one of those adventure tours in San Diego! Sounds awesome!

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Getting to the point here where I'll be able to sled in the mountains and ride the bike in the valley, prob 3 more weeks.

ya you guys are lucky down there... i lived in Cache Creek Clinton area for a while... could sled at green lake and ride in Cache Creek... that was awesome! Know i moved where the money is but the riding isn't that great... everyone here rides a lifted quad in the skeg! Not my idea of fun!

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping the snow stays around. I've been gone all winter and want to do some sledding/snowboarding before it's gone. I got one sled trip in and blew my MCL on the first day. Still on the mend! To make things worse my bike is in Phoenix awaiting to ride the Continental Divide Trail back to Calgary.

Blah.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping the snow stays around. I've been gone all winter and want to do some sledding/snowboarding before it's gone. I got one sled trip in and blew my MCL on the first day. Still on the mend! To make things worse my bike is in Phoenix awaiting to ride the Continental Divide Trail back to Calgary

what's that trail like?

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping the snow stays around. I've been gone all winter and want to do some sledding/snowboarding before it's gone. I got one sled trip in and blew my MCL on the first day. Still on the mend! To make things worse my bike is in Phoenix awaiting to ride the Continental Divide Trail back to Calgary

what's that trail like?

About 4500 KM of trail from the Mexican border to Banff. Made/selected by mountain bikers but can mostly be ridden with a motorcycle. You can google it.

We'll probably be offshooting to ride Moab for a couple days. I did a lot when I was there in the fall, but always more to ride.

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone know if the dunes in GP are clear of snow yet? I know it maybe a little soon but we didnt get any real snow pack this year thinking might come over easter weekend and bring the camper if the dunes are rideable and free of snow

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone know if the dunes in GP are clear of snow yet? I know it maybe a little soon but we didnt get any real snow pack this year thinking might come over easter weekend and bring the camper if the dunes are rideable and free of snow

I have never been there... but if your coming from BC to Ride in Gp it must be worth the trip... what's the riding like? Trails or open? Fun riding to be had up here right now... as you can take your bike down all the skeg trails the quads go on... snow's almost all gone and swamps and ground are still frozen solid... (so I have heard) my bike only hit the street a few days ago to test fire it

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have family there and its only a 2 hour drive anyway been told its a fun area to play in and the kids will have fun as well so i was told. had the bike out this week a few times just need a area where we can really open them up a bit plus a family friend just got a kawi 450 he wants to break in

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have family there and its only a 2 hour drive anyway been told its a fun area to play in and the kids will have fun as well so i was told. had the bike out this week a few times just need a area where we can really open them up a bit plus a family friend just got a kawi 450 he wants to break in

Let me know what you think of the area... almost made it down there last year for a clean up day... bikers and atv'ers triing to do some pr as everyone blames us for dumping garbage... ya my bike is worth 10k... i can't afford a trip to the dump??????

Anyhow if you bring the kids make sure to check out the new aquatic centre they just built there... your kids will love you for it... it's a kids paradise...

Marauder01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mavrick, still snow on the trails @ the dunes.. havent been there for a few days.. but the sand is clear..

if you do come for the weekend let me know and i will go turn some tires with you man

PM if you wind up coming

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have to work know joy of beening the boss and your co-worker has a "family thing" all of a soding anyway when the trails clear let me know we will go for a rip for sure

Top Bottom