Mega Cab Rough Ride

tnichols10

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know a way to smoothen out the ride on a lifted 2008 Dodge mega Cab 3500. It has a 4" lift and 35" tires with all stock leafs. Aside from going with a full air ride suspension is there any ideas to help smoothen this truck out, everybump is really rough.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it has a cheap lift in it. Look at products from Carli they are fantastic. Deaver and alcan also make replacement leafs that are very high quality.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can also talk to kevin Hrt offroad on here he is a dodge guru with suspension! shocks and tire pressures are all really good places to start on smoothing out that ride! bilstein has a great shock bds and procomp now carry fox shocks for good price so that is another or spend the big dough and get a set of king racing shocks!

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not any one thing; be it just new shocks or just new springs will make the ultimate difference in ride quality with a heavy sprung/weight truck like a dodge diesel. The proper combination of spring rates, shock valving, geometry, engineering, tire and wheel combinations and tire pressures all combine together to formulate a suspension system with great characteristics. Unfortunately very few suspension manufacturers do it right with any "lift kit" especially when the amount of lift is over 3" in the front. The average 4" kit is just enough to throw all factory driveline angles and geometry of the front end out of whack. We exclusively sell Carli Suspension. They design and engineer performance suspension systems that use the right formula to give you performance and ride quality...the extra 3" of height over stock is the added bonus. The height gain allows for more suspension travel and the use of larger tires. This stuff is meant to work well and look good doing it. With Carli, it's all about the GO!! The lift kit companies are all about the show, but they actually take away from the ride and handling of the truck:D:D

Last edited:

tnichols10

Reaction score
Ok, when i bought the truck not to long agao it had the death wobble in the front end , so I had alot of parts in the front end replaced along with the shocks, however the shocks were the low quality ones from the dealer and I dont think that they work well with the lift. Is there any shops in edmonton that sell these kits from Carli and do they cost an arm and a leg?

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No offence meant HRT Offroad, but you are being bias for sure (hard not too I guess when you only sell carli). First off, grouping together all lift kits is like grouping together the performance suspension carli, kore, and thuren. Then again some lift kits brands could, and should be considered performance suspension. And well, as we all know kore is garbage. So would it be fair to say carli and thuren are to because they are in the same group? No.

For example comparing rough country to BDS isn't even close. BDS and many others make very good kits. Second, comparing a basic kit to one with all the extras is night and day. I mean, blocks vs replacement leafs. Track bar drop bracket compared to new track bar. Coil spacers vs new coils. Long arms vs short arms Etc etc.

I have had nearly every major brand of suspension on a truck at one time, and there is a HUGE difference I have had the cheap to all the add ons. I will say however, 99% of kits if done with common sense will provide as good as stock steering, handling, and ride. Yea a cheap spacer kit with white body shocks will ride rougher for sure. But stock parts are nothing great to begin with. As far as angles, for some reason every truck is different. But 6" or less, most kits do fine. However some trucks will require a transfer case indexing ring, and carrier barring drop kit if you got a 2 piece driveshaft. But the biggest part of ANY lift is the person doing the alignment. My last truck I took it to a shop paid $250 for them to make it drive like absolute garbage, they couldn't even set caster right with adjustable long arms. Took probably 10 hours, but after that it drove 100x better then stock, and that is lifted 8". And didn't even require a indexing ring for the front driveshaft.

O and just FYI, carli costs both arms and legs.....After all the hype surrounding kore and trying one out, I wouldn't even go close to a carli kit without first being in a truck with it's parts. You can't watch their videos on youtube and go by that for anything. Editing, and knowing physics deceive a LOT of things.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
O and if your interested, got a set of brand new 4" atlas replacement leafs. Ride a lot better then stock. So much so, you can't haul more then about 1000lbs without airbags because they are so soft. But ride great.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No offence meant HRT Offroad, but you are being bias for sure (hard not too I guess when you only sell carli). First off, grouping together all lift kits is like grouping together the performance suspension carli, kore, and thuren. Then again some lift kits brands could, and should be considered performance suspension. And well, as we all know kore is garbage. So would it be fair to say carli and thuren are to because they are in the same group? No.

For example comparing rough country to BDS isn't even close. BDS and many others make very good kits. Second, comparing a basic kit to one with all the extras is night and day. I mean, blocks vs replacement leafs. Track bar drop bracket compared to new track bar. Coil spacers vs new coils. Long arms vs short arms Etc etc.

I have had nearly every major brand of suspension on a truck at one time, and there is a HUGE difference I have had the cheap to all the add ons. I will say however, 99% of kits if done with common sense will provide as good as stock steering, handling, and ride. Yea a cheap spacer kit with white body shocks will ride rougher for sure. But stock parts are nothing great to begin with. As far as angles, for some reason every truck is different. But 6" or less, most kits do fine. However some trucks will require a transfer case indexing ring, and carrier barring drop kit if you got a 2 piece driveshaft. But the biggest part of ANY lift is the person doing the alignment. My last truck I took it to a shop paid $250 for them to make it drive like absolute garbage, they couldn't even set caster right with adjustable long arms. Took probably 10 hours, but after that it drove 100x better then stock, and that is lifted 8". And didn't even require a indexing ring for the front driveshaft.

O and just FYI, carli costs both arms and legs.....After all the hype surrounding kore and trying one out, I wouldn't even go close to a carli kit without first being in a truck with it's parts. You can't watch their videos on youtube and go by that for anything. Editing, and knowing physics deceive a LOT of things.

what?

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds more like there is something worn out and the related shockwave gets transfered to the cab. Or something binding, those trucks ride nice with 60 psi in the tires

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Play the money card if you want, Carli builds awesome stuff, thats my next suspension for sure. Totally agree with HRT though, it is the combination of parts that makes things work so well. One mismatched piece and its all for nothing.

Top Bottom