mcxpress turbo apex

ryan900

Reaction score
Hey, I need help!! I have a 310 mcxpress rear mount turbo on my apex, I cant seem to get the boost down, when I pin it i go up over 25lbs, doesn't matter where I set the controller....any help? if my gauge was messed up would it 0 out? boost controller? waste gate?

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the waste gate, rod broke or it's it's broke in half??

Sent from my iPad using

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
The line from compressor to wastegate actuator may have blown off. This is the same line your boost controller is in. If wastegate can't open it will go to full boost.

ryan900

Reaction score
ok, this is a long story, I just bought the sled last year, rode it and had a blast.....i took it in to kelowna yamaha in the spring and the mechanic found a ton of boost leaks, which he fixed. I think i was loosing enough boost through the leaks last year that I was using the controller backwards. I took the controller off just now and blew threw it and I am sure I had it completely closed, so does it make sense that the controller takes pressure from the turbo and uses it to open the waste gate? more air through the controller to the waste gate = less boost??

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
ok, this is a long story, I just bought the sled last year, rode it and had a blast.....i took it in to kelowna yamaha in the spring and the mechanic found a ton of boost leaks, which he fixed. I think i was loosing enough boost through the leaks last year that I was using the controller backwards. I took the controller off just now and blew threw it and I am sure I had it completely closed, so does it make sense that the controller takes pressure from the turbo and uses it to open the waste gate? more air through the controller to the waste gate = less boost??
yes less flow through boost controller = more boost.

ryan900

Reaction score
god I feel like an idiot! most boost it would make last year was 10, seemed to get rpm, so never worried about it!! seeing 30lbs was interesting.....thanks for the help all!! tomorrow we will see if I won.

Top Bottom