Mcdonalds sponsoring the new summits??

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, but that still leaves room to be easily one upped...May as well do the trump, it doesn't really cost anything more than re- vamping the tunnel and rails

True. I was just surprised a little. I guess 5 years down the road we'll be seein 203" sleds lol

Akpowderhound

Reaction score
Seriously!?!?!? image_zps20b79591.jpg

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
care to elaborate? we are listening?.

one pro i know of was being pulled home in fernie with less than 100km on it…don't know any details as to why.And a friend of mine at hockey blew his up with very low KMs on it.what else do you wanna know..names address..oil being used?!!!LOL

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
one pro i know of was being pulled home in fernie with less than 100km on it…don't know any details as to why.And a friend of mine at hockey blew his up with very low KMs on it.what else do you wanna know..names address..oil being used?!!!LOL

you do realize the pro does not have the new motor ???. come out from under that rock would ya !!...lol

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you do realize the pro does not have the new motor ???. come out from under that rock would ya !!...lol

i did read that yes…won't be in the rmk till fall of 2016…they did not give hp # for there new motor,the pro gets ontop of the snow so well its not important i guess..better emissions !!!!LOL

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
i meant to say they coulda just done a 163 3" and everyone would have been blown away. I'm actually trying to compliment doo here, but you're not even letting me lol. Want me to go back to sayin doo is sh1t la di da?

I meant cat dropped the ball in the mtn segment in my opinion. Rumours swirling for a new engine this year, still overweight, still can't make a mountain ski, still use same crappy clutches, go read the threads on what cat done to ots. That's one complaint. Customer service is terrible, i had a belt blower first wen i bought my m8 and cat wouldn't do anything for me, had to come out of my pocket. We've been complaining about skis and clutches ever since they came out, no one listens. At least with brp you guys listen to what the customer wants. That's what i meant about cat dropping the ball. I don't need to see 100hp gains and 100lbs dropped weight, just do the little things to stay in the game.

And mtn sleds aren't the only sleds on snow there bud... Polaris put out a new engine with more power, just what the consumers have been begging for. And when it comes to cat next year, well this isn't next year, i'm not gonna ride a 2016 sled right now. I hope they do come out with something mind blowing because i still bleed green.

Exactly!!

Whos gonna keep the choppers busy next year if we have a tired and true engine?? Lol.

Probably, i have no faith in my pro from what i've read about previous engines. I'm doing a fix kit right away i figure. Sure do love the chassis tho....

Go fawk yourself man. Seriously. You have me confused with someone else. Go back thru all my "started threads" history, i made this one, and the xm problem thread, and if you actually read, if you even can read, that thread, i was making fun of arctic cat more then xm. So get a grip. I've had hundreds of helpful posts in the cat section. I'm not on here to obtain your approval or respect. If you can't take a joke, then you shouldn't even be on s&m, don't like what i post? Don't read it then.

For or everyone else that can't take a joke, i'll remember this next yer when we make 2016 polaris and cat threads, doo guys are the first ones to slam our brands

fawkin goof!!!!!!!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I meant cat dropped the ball in the mtn segment in my opinion. Rumours swirling for a new engine this year, still overweight, still can't make a mountain ski, still use same crappy clutches, go read the threads on what cat done to OTS. That's one complaint. Customer service is terrible, I had a belt blower first wen I bought my m8 and cat wouldn't do anything for me, had to come out of my pocket. We've been complaining about skis and clutches ever since they came out, no one listens. At least with BRP you guys listen to what the customer wants. That's what I meant about cat dropping the ball. I don't need to see 100hp gains and 100lbs dropped weight, just do the little things to stay in the game.

OK, you have a hate on for all brands its seems, or brand bias of some opinion now that you're riding a Polaris for even which you don't seem to have much faith. Doo stepped it up for 2015, but your statements on the cats are a little confusing.

Rumours swirling for a new engine this year

They did introduce a new engine, the CTEC2 600.

still overweight

They made the lightest sled in this segment, dropped 18 lbs.

still can't make a mountain ski
Really? All stock skis suck, always have. Don't see this as much of an issue, how many guys have tossed their stockers for Simmons or SLPs etc? This is every brand.

still use same crappy clutches
??? Tried and true clutching system, with tons of aftermarket kits for it and easily tuneable. Don't see why you think they need a new or better clutch. Please explain.

They changed a ton of little things, just to "stay in the game". The mountain riders wanted more storage, they got more storage. The mountain riders wanted more clearing in the running boards, the holes were opened up and the boards made stronger to clear more snow and still maintain the strength. I could go on and on about the things they did to "stay in the game" but whatever, just don't care that much.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK, you have a hate on for all brands its seems, or brand bias of some opinion now that you're riding a Polaris for even which you don't seem to have much faith. Doo stepped it up for 2015, but your statements on the cats are a little confusing.

I wouldn't say I have a hate on for the brands, I just don't think that whatever sled I ride is the best for everyone on this earth like a lot of doo guys think. I can argue till I'm blue in the face with maxwell that I can ride my cat or Polaris is a better mountain sled for me but no, I'm wrong, and the summit is the best for everyone..
I realize the faults all sleds have. None of them are perfect. I have no faith in the Polaris engine, but I love the chassis, the only reason why I bought if is cuz of dealer support here in town.

They did introduce a new engine, the CTEC2 600.

The 800 Suzuki was rumoured to be on the way out after last years sleds were produced. That's not a bad thing tho, that engine is bullet proof.

They made the lightest sled in this segment, dropped 18 lbs.

Really? All stock skis suck, always have. Don't see this as much of an issue, how many guys have tossed their stockers for Simmons or SLPs etc? This is every brand.

Skis on the pro's are good. I have no complaints with them. Skis on a cat are useless

??? Tried and true clutching system, with tons of aftermarket kits for it and easily tuneable. Don't see why you think they need a new or better clutch. Please explain.

I have zero complaints with the cat primary. I love the tunability with it. The cat secondaries need to be redesigned. They build up a lot of heat, they shift like crap, the rollers don't make full contact with the helix angles, I've grenades 2 cat secondaries now, one when the sled was stock and one turbod. Literally grenades. Sheared the bolts off my helix and it went boom. Cat wouldn't warranty my first one as a stocker, (didn't bother with turbo as I knew i voided my warranty) I'm no clutching expert but I know the team secondary I have made a huge difference in belt life, clutch temps, back shifting, and overall performance.

They changed a ton of little things, just to "stay in the game". The mountain riders wanted more storage, they got more storage. The mountain riders wanted more clearing in the running boards, the holes were opened up and the boards made stronger to clear more snow and still maintain the strength. I could go on and on about the things they did to "stay in the game" but whatever, just don't care that much.

Look. I wasn't trying to say cat is doing a bad job, this thread wasn't even about cat, I'm just saying that they have a long way to go to catch up to rmks and doo's. They are improving but it's taken them too long to get to where they are. We've been complaining about these things ever since they came out. I had to dump thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars into my 12 to make it somewhat comparable to a 13 even. Been down this road. I chose a Polaris right now cuz right out of the box it felt better, handled better, and made me more confident then my cat ever did. So until cat does something else, I'll be on a pro. The 14's are a huge improvement, just not enough to keep me on a cat.

Top Bottom