MBRP can killed my sled.

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also, I want to by-pass my throttle-override switch with it icing up a lot lately. Anyone know if you cut them and leave then open, or if you twist them?
Thanks in advance.

Disconnecting your safety switch is a bad idea. Spray some wd40 or something in there to keep the water out but don't disconnect it.
BTW did you try your sled with the stock can to see if it is the mbrp can that makes your sled run bad or is there something else wrong.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do actually use my tether cord all the time so I figure ill be fine. It had no play on the switch being filled with snow. And no I didn't put the stock exhaust on, my brothers which is totally stock is doing the exact same thing. So I just tried a different can.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do actually use my tether cord all the time so I figure ill be fine. It had no play on the switch being filled with snow. And no I didn't put the stock exhaust on, my brothers which is totally stock is doing the exact same thing. So I just tried a different can.

With that statement, it seems like changing the can on yours wouldn't solve anything, if his is bogging with the stock one which CAT engineers to work. Sounds to me if your problem occurs only when leaning to the right, you're getting the textbook cat bog which people usually replace with a tunnel dump. Personally, I've yet to experience this phenomenon... But that seems to be the solution for most people. The bog comes from restriction by the outlet which causes the exhaust gases to get sucked in by the intake.

Also, speaking of intake, are your screens full of snow when this happens?

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With that statement, it seems like changing the can on yours wouldn't solve anything, if his is bogging with the stock one which CAT engineers to work. Sounds to me if your problem occurs only when leaning to the right, you're getting the textbook cat bog which people usually replace with a tunnel dump. Personally, I've yet to experience this phenomenon... But that seems to be the solution for most people. The bog comes from restriction by the outlet which causes the exhaust gases to get sucked in by the intake.

Also, speaking of intake, are your screens full of snow when this happens?

You know a few of us were thinking that my exhaust is getting blocked by snow, but it's never happened before? So idk why it would happen now? But it does only happen when i carve right. If i carve left hard for a while(basically doing a donut) it slowly cleans out, and when leveled back out, it begins to get a horrible flooding bog again. I did have to cut a quite bit of that shield to make that MBRP to stick though the hole, so maybe there is snow physically filling inside with it being so exposed.

Turbo-North

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CUT the shield?? Yikes. I,d bet it,s filling with snow and creating backpressure. Too much back pressure and it,s gonna bog and load up/ Put an SLP on mine fit right in. No cutting , funny you would need to cut!

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol that MBRP was the worst fitting thing I've ever seen. It must have had 1 second of R&D. I put that SLP on and I have clearance from the shield, it just slipped into the peg holes and onto the mount. Night and day in quality. The MBRP was about an inch too long at the stinger. Had to also dent the stinger in order to not fully remove that shield.

Last edited:

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely go to your local kitty dealer and get a new shield... That seems to be your problem. Some people have even gone as far as to extend the shield so the outlet has more room to breathe. I agree on SLP vs. MBRP fit... There's no comparison and I won't be buying another MBRP can.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I can confidently say it was my clutching. Put 77 gram weights in my primary and she pulled 8100 the entire ride. Rode my brothers stock cat with the mountain clutching in and it was doing the same as what mine was within 2 mins of riding.

Top Bottom