maylong rideing/camping areas

adrian450

Reaction score
hey there im looking to find a place other then bruel for maylong that has lots of people and some rideing trails within 2 hours or so of edmonton. anyone know of anything?

JayBec

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey there im looking to find a place other then bruel for maylong that has lots of people and some rideing trails within 2 hours or so of edmonton. anyone know of anything?

Hey, the only places that i know within 2-3 hr drive is Robb/Cadomin, Alder Flatts ( Hwy 13 west),Drayton Valley( Hwy 39..I think

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Outwest Campgound by Rocky or just around that area. You might see a lot of campers but on the trail it is not too bad. We do family rides and camping out there and it is great.

We are going to Crane Lake area for May extra long weekend.:)

bluerhino

Reaction score
Website
www.fallcreekconservationsociety.com
Outwest Campgound by Rocky and 752 Campground are both dedicated to ATVer's. Outwest Campgound has a ATV wash as well. Both campgrounds are run by pretty good people.
There are a lot of trails out there in that area with lots of people. An increase in usage has been seen since wiaperous has been limited/controled. The RCMP and SRD patrol this area as well checking for insurance and registration...so make sure you dont forget your pink cards.

Emmaa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Outwest Campground is already booked up

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Thanks Emma, not surprised though.

There is a lot of random camping out in that area too along the secondary #752 to the trunk road but get there before Wednesday night.

Careful with the random camping out there I was talking to a fish cop on the weekend and they said they were giving tickets out for random campers with in 30 meters of a water source. Anyone else hear this rule.

Last edited:

Emmaa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep I heard that they are going to have check stops set up randomly all over the place out that way. Hense why we cancelled our reservation lol. Hate not being able to have a bevy while out riding.

sparky660

Reaction score
The 30m from water law has been around for years. It hasn't been enforced to much until recently because of the influx of people random camping.

Emmaa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought you were going to be at Outwest this weekend No?

The trailer has been there for the past 2 weeks....pullin out tomorrow afternoon. Then back again July 9

Top Bottom