March Snow conditions

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have pics verifying the depth? I was up last weekend when guys were saying 4' on here, when it was really 1.5'-2'... Some guys need re-calibrating lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is of Friday. Add another 2ft to that sat and maybe more sun.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330887530.156207.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330887530.156207.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 460

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was wondering which of the three riding areas pose the least avalanche risk? Havn't been to the mountains for 4 years and like to boondock.

Right now, I'd say they all pose a threat.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330887923.560264.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330887923.560264.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 463

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was wondering which of the three riding areas pose the least avalanche risk? Havn't been to the mountains for 4 years and like to boondock.
Belle forsure is the hill with the least risk.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say that Caper is taller than the shorter of the 2 hobbits. Probably a little bit taller than the older one too.

rmk02polaris

Reaction score

The lowest chance for avalanche would be on bell mountain and lots of boondocking area. My favorite hill for trees and boondocking

Leona Eyben

Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
The snow is just not stopping, we did snowblowing at 7:30am this morning, then again at 12 noon, the accumulation is amazing if you are indoors, and do not need to drive anywhere today. However for all those of you that are driving home from McBride today, please drive safely, cause the visibibility will not be very good. for the rest of us, just enjoy this beautiful snowy day. thanks Leona

At Home B&B
McBride, BC
250 569 2366

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got home a couple of hours ago. The roads clear up in jasper but get bad around obed summit.
Drive safe everyone.

sledbunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Home from a great weekend in McBride. The guys had a blast :). Drove them to Renshaw on Friday and then Lucille on Saturday. Made it home today at noon. Just one little flaw when staying at NV Mountainview cabins, would have been nice to have hot water instead of luke warm... Oh well was still a great time :)

Sumitdude

Reaction score
Got home from a great trip to McBride. Had a great amount of snow then on the last day had to deal with 3 feet of fresh. Wow what a great problem to have. Want to thank Leona at the At Home Bed and Breakfast. Thanks for the great place to stay, all of the great food and making it truly feel like home. I would truly recommend everyone to call and book a room you won't be disappointed. Thanks again see you soon.

Leona Eyben

Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Got home from a great trip to McBride. Had a great amount of snow then on the last day had to deal with 3 feet of fresh. Wow what a great problem to have. Want to thank Leona at the At Home Bed and Breakfast. Thanks for the great place to stay, all of the great food and making it truly feel like home. I would truly recommend everyone to call and book a room you won't be disappointed. Thanks again see you soon.

So very glad you enjoyed your stay. The snow in McBride is totally awesome so everyone enjoy. thanks Leona

At Home B&B
McBride, BC
250 569 2366

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am taking four new riders to the mountain on march9 my question is how are avalanche condition like in the up and lower areas try to make this positive fun ride for my friends thanks

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am taking four new riders to the mountain on march9 my question is how are avalanche condition like in the up and lower areas try to make this positive fun ride for my friends thanks

Bring a back brace and a few snow bunjies, your gonna be busy, LOL.

Leona Eyben

Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Absolutely blue bird sky today in McBride. It is currently -5 C at my house. Hopefully this weekend will be great as well. We had about 18 inches of snow over the last few days right at our home, lots of snowblowing, so there should be a lot of fresh powder. Anyone that comes to McBride please come and be safe thanks Leona

At Home B&B
McBride, BC
250 569 2366

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well back from the beaches of Mexico and ready to head back to the white climbs of McBride, well next week anyway!! Talked to Hotrod this morning and Lucielle groomed last night (Monday) with three feet of fresh around the cabin. Belle being groomed today with probably as much or more snow up top than Lucielle. Also mentioned the road up to the parking lot to Belle is being really worked over with a dozer and grader to really widen the road for traffic so i'm not sure if the radio thing will still be a go or not. Then moving the groomer back up to Renshaw for the weekend crowd. He is a little worried though because Enviroment Canada has the temps. moving back up the richter scale so you know what that means!!! But shes plumped up again folks, so have a good safe ride!!! Higgins.

live_for_snow

Reaction score
Just got home from riding in mcbride, rode renshaw all 3 days(3,4,5). snow was awesome!!! snowed up there pretty much the entire time we were there, but still had a great time. got into some places where i would say 4 feet of fresh. did alittle ice chipping and built some steps into the cabin on sunday when it was snowing to hard to see. got a few pictures ill see if i can get them uploaded on here. who ever got to ride today would of had a blast.

mcbride march 3,4,5 2012 003.jpg
mcbride march 3,4,5 2012 006.jpg

mcbride march 3,4,5 2012 008.jpg

mcbride march 3,4,5 2012 010.jpg
mcbride march 3,4,5 2012 011.jpg

Attachments

• mcbride march 3,4,5 2012 005.jpg
    mcbride march 3,4,5 2012 005.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 480
Top Bottom