MARCH CONDITIONS

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org
Hi Cdn Wrangler,
sorry for the confusion, I meant that it would be groomed thurs night for friday, I will try and keep that clearer in the future. Sorry about that.
Well I hope to see all you boys this weekend, we got a bit of snow on saturday night, I guess we will have to see how the week goes.
RIDE SAFE AND HAVE FUN!!!!

In fairness to the groomer & Flygirl.... it was not groomed Thursday as I was on Bell.

What I had forgotten, was that the groomer would show-up at the end of the day.... thereby reducing the risk of an incident with a sledder coming down the hell [if I had remembered this, I would not have responded to Flygirl’s post].

My interpretation of Flygirl's comment, meant the trail was groomed for Thursday, not getting groomed Thursday night....

All that being said... my hat is off to the groomer.... hustling to make repairs, then get caught up with grooming the trails..... :thumbsup2:

Coffee is on me the next time I'm in McBride....

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
YA, C'MON RON... TELL THE CREEK STORY. WE HAVE PICS, YOU KNOW!!!!

Just happened to snap a few pics myself of Ron in the creek and Ron has some pics and "shaky" stories of being on/in the glacier at 9000'!!!!

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let see these pic's. I would like to hear a comment from Ron on these when there posted. The last Time I rode with Ron his sled went into a tree well and he was 15 ft behind it with not sled tracks into the well. Funny his sled has a mind of its own i wouild say.

CdnWrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No biggy Flygirl... I did not want the world to think I was picking on you... and the groomer....

Hi Cdn Wrangler,
sorry for the confusion, I meant that it would be groomed thurs night for friday, I will try and keep that clearer in the future. Sorry about that.
Well I hope to see all you boys this weekend, we got a bit of snow on saturday night, I guess we will have to see how the week goes.
RIDE SAFE AND HAVE FUN!!!!

CdnWrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great pictures Ron... what's the story regarding pic #1.....???????? That does appear to be an abnormal position for a sled...... of any make... ;)

I knew the world rotates fast.... but not that fast....

We rode Renshaw on Saturday. Alot of riders that day. We had a large group and we headed back past Sprit lake a few more bowls. Thanks to Snowchuk for guiding us around all weekend. The snow back there was OK, there was some deeper area's, not waist deep but over your knee's. We had a great weekend riding, there were a few mishaps, but luckily no serious injures. Summitric blew his engine:eek: in the RT. Barrie could not come sledding with us on Sunday, he was out with SAR's till 2 am assisting someone that got hurt, next time Barrie. We rode another area on Sunday, which was great as well, so theres still lots great sledding left and will be for sometime. I was suprised at how high the snow is around the cabin.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just back from a sled rescue in the back of the Renshaw. Could not get it out, 3-4 feet of new snow and it was all I could do to get myself and my skimmer out. Snow over the winshield in most places. Had Rod the groomer and Higgins with us and both said that this is the most snow they have had this year. It was absolutely a waist deep day and not enough fuel. Back tomorrow with more fuel.

Last edited:

devil

Reaction score
damnit, i should have gone riding today instead of going home.

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Barry,
I am trying to get down for a ride March 27,28,29 and have a Beer with you and the Mods. Below is a Video from our day at Bell in Feb.

Last edited:

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snowed most of the nite and still snow now. There is going to be ton of new at the top again. Not riding today as you can't see the mountains for snow falling. For those that missed it, there was 3-4 feet of new powder in most places over the saddle. Was out of fuel before 3:00 pm and didn't start till after 10:00. Didn't take my camera as I thought I was just going to pull a sled out of the back. To much snow, couldn't getter done.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Snowed all night in McBride itself which means probably another couple of feet up Renshaw and Bell. Three to four feet of powder Monday over the saddle at Renshaw. Staging areas are getting a little on the messy side but still doable. Groomer is still going so it's not too bad yet. Should be a GREAT weekend for sledding. Forecast is for more snow and about -3.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Renshaw parking lot is all mud. Pay and go down to the bottom of the trail. Should be able to pull off road as I did it this past weekend. The lower parking lot still has snow in it, but getting a bit thin.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another 10-12 inches at the cabin last nite. Sun is out this am.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like my cousin and about 10 of his buddies are gonna have nice snow to rip up. Barry, I think they are staying at your place. These guys are wackos.....there WILL be bark missing from the trees this weekend.:kickass::yikes:

Top Bottom