MARATHON DECKS CHANGED!!! Truckboss

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This fact is true. My dad was there getting his new deck. They told him that his deck was the last of the classic. They told him they replaced it with the truckboss. Price is 3999 +tax and install and any options.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Vaughn,

Thanks so much for clearing up what is happening at Marathon. I definitely dont agree with it, in fact I heard a loud boom as I was reading you post, pretty sure the noise was you folks losing some major market share, but the new deck is beautiful, just not for me. I still want something that comes in and out relatively easy, and for me that is the old classic model.

Best of luck with the new model, I hope it works as good as it looks.

Cheers!

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Vaughn,

Thanks so much for clearing up what is happening at Marathon. I definitely dont agree with it, in fact I heard a loud boom as I was reading you post, pretty sure the noise was you folks losing some major market share, but the new deck is beautiful, just not for me. I still want something that comes in and out relatively easy, and for me that is the old classic model.

Best of luck with the new model, I hope it works as good as it looks.

Cheers!

Definitely is a nice looking deck. My dad and I are glad we put a deposit on one of the classics in the summer. One of the concerns my dad had was the aluminum deck. What happens if you were to drop something and dent it. All the aluminum tubing that slides into it for the extensions would it not bind if the deck was dented?

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the only reason most people would even look at the truckboss would be the name behind who built it. Personally I can't see the box standing up to it over years of rough roads. Especially people with short boxes with really long sleds, that is a LOT of weight on the back of the box.

Curious, were the decks tested with weight to the breaking point of a box to see? How many km and with what kind of weight were the units tested to see that boxes/the deck stood up?

Yes the 4 pillars are strong, but they are not made for that kind of weight. Especially the side to side movement. And personally, I liked a deck that will haul more then just snowmobiles like 2500lbs+.

I would love to try one out, but not at the risk of my box.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If decks are bidding out at $7500, mines never had a thing on it, and its the new stlye with the button leds 2010 model.
FOR SALE! LOL

since I got it for free I guess I could let it go for $7000.00! :eek:

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i looked at the deck yesterday at the grassdrags looks awesome and vaughn is a stand up guy giving away a new marathon tub trailer as a door prize good job vaughn :clap2:

Transporter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many beers will it take to get this thing off when I want to pull a gooseneck trailer and will I need an army of help?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Looks awesome vaughn...... Looks stronger, and obviously lighter than the old style deck. You guys re-invented the "deck" again..... Thanks.

Do you have rough price guide/brochure you can post??

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks great still dont think that the putting on the box rails is the best of ideas. not a big fan of just box rail mount these new truck beds are super flimsy I'm a much bigger fan of having mine mounted with strong legs some solid turnbuckles and having the option of resting on my truck rails. cant say i have ever seen any of my aluminum decks crack at all have they finally fixed the dreaded plywood on top of the decks and finally went to that duradeck stuff yet?? looks cool but i sure wont guinnea pig that deck nothing wrong with the classic style decks

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think they look great, and for 99% of users they wont cause a problem with the box. Having said that I can't afford $4k+ options for one.

Put a strap on top of the rails at the back of the box with the gate open and see how much pressure you need to apply to pull the rails in so the gate is tight when you close it. Not that much.

I realize that the way the whole thing is clamped down you rely on the torsional strength of the front of the box where it is supported laterally, but it simply can't be good for the rails.

Wait and see I guess.

Coxy

Reaction score
Its funny, the old ekholm (sp) decks sad on the bed rails, and people hated on them pretty good, and most times when you see them up for sale wont pull good coin. I know i dont look twice at one when i see it for sale... Weird.

van isle

Reaction score
There are guys that have used diamondbacks decks that mount to bed rails of there trucks for years. With 2 Poolaris quads on top with out any issues. I will say I was very concerened as well and look long and hard into this subject before i decieded to buy a for my quads I'm now on year 3 with no issues. I know they are not exactly the same product but they do have simularities.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its funny, the old ekholm (sp) decks sad on the bed rails, and people hated on them pretty good, and most times when you see them up for sale wont pull good coin. I know i dont look twice at one when i see it for sale... Weird.

Brand is everything.

Dragonryder

Reaction score
Is there anymore Feedback in these? Looking for a deck but still questioning the box strenght thing.

fordoryamaha

Reaction score
If weight on your box rails is a concern buy a ford, I have a home built 8'x8' steel sled deck with headache rack and 1' beaver tail on my truck and it holds the weight just fine, two apex 162's, a grizz 700 & kodiak 450, or I also just had a 700 rhino se with full roll cage & rear seats up there and no problems!!

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Marathon must know something that I can't quite figure out. I have seen box floors pounded out from the weight of a deck and 2 machines.

I'vge had that exact thing happen to a couple different trucks over the years

Transporter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When someone finds a deck that the ramp doesnt take up most of the box let me know.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When someone finds a deck that the ramp doesnt take up most of the box let me know.

My old school 9' Marathon with beaver I can pull the ramp without opening the tailgate. That's probably as good as it gets for height. I've seen a few custom decks that were almost as high as the cab but that's a little too much.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
still not sure why they would eliminate the legs in the box for support:eek:. IMO they didnt revolutionize anything you still have to pull a ramp out, you still have to load the deck on top, and you really dont gain anyroom cause you still have the ramp mounted below the deck! also isnt the marathon deck top made of aluminum wont that scratch up real easy? I'm not convinced that any new truck will support the wieght of two sleds especially yammi's or a sidexside on there truck rails plus the wieght of the deck or the weight of your sled flopping down on the deck when loading up. I would rather have the legs and rail system when I'm travelling down the windy twisty roads of bc! what happens if you have a slip tank or tool box in the back of the truck then were is that deck gonna slide into:eek: not like ones with the legs that you can adjust to make room for your slip tanks in the back cant say this deck is gonna be very functional for people that use there truck boxes for more than just a deck and need a deck that will work with there slip tank/tool box combo's!

Top Bottom